Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Canadian War Room

Article about: I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th bir

?

Default Re: The Canadian War Room

John, that is my motto. No half measures here LOL. I forgot to post that new tunic and cannot this weekend, but here is a hint, FSSF Officer, Canadian of course. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Canadian War Room
    P
    Many

?

Wow! Impressive collection - and very nicely displayed! I too am a collector of Canadian militaria and have my own war room. I will have to post some pictures!

I was also lucky enough to acquire some very nice pieces from he Taboika collection - I would love to have picked up more, but space and funds limited what I was able to purchase.

Love the FSSF stuff! My wife's grandfather served with he FSSF in Italy and southern France. I have his maroon beret and my wife's cousin has his BD.

Would love to see more pics of your Canadian uniform items - especially anything with a Manitoba connection (I see a FGH BD and beret as well as a PPCLI BD in your collection).

Cheers!

Craig

?

Hi Craig, thank you for the complimet! I will try to post more detailed pics as time permits. I picked up a couple more nice FSSF and 1st Can Para BD's and did some minor rearranging of the room. I really love your presentation and collection! The FSSF beret is tops with that Perth Reg't badge. You need to get the BD as well! Is the spearhead on the left or right sleeve? It was common for reassigned FSSF vets to move the spearhead to the right sleeve, I have one from an Alberta FSSF vet, he was from Holden Ab and took part in the first action at La Difensa!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Craig, thank you for the complimet! I will try to post more detailed pics as time permits. I picked up a couple more nice FSSF and 1st Can Para BD's and did some minor rearranging of the room. I really love your presentation and collection! The FSSF beret is tops with that Perth Reg't badge. You need to get the BD as well! Is the spearhead on the left or right sleeve? It was common for reassigned FSSF vets to move the spearhead to the right sleeve, I have one from an Alberta FSSF vet, he was from Holden Ab and took part in the first action at La Difensa!
    My wife's cousin has the BD and, as much as I would love to have it, that is where it belongs. It was his grandfather's and they were very close. Should he ever decide to let it go, he knows I would give it a good home and preserve it for future generations of the family. I consider myself very fortunate to have been given a number of his items by my wife's grandmother. As nice as it might be to "reunite" some of his things, I do believe it is nice that different branches of he family each have something to remember him by.

My wife's cousin was kind enough to lend me the BD for some photographs, one of which is included ( along with a wartime photo of Pte. Ingram wearing the beret and BD) in Ken Joyce's " Crimson Spearhead" on page 159.

You can see that the spearhead is indeed on the right sleeve.

Craig

Holy Canadian militaria... good job Doug!

No doubt, one of the best collections i have ever seen.
    Great stuff Doug

Cheers
    Nuno

Wow Doug you are truely an inspiration for a generation of would be collectors.how many museums do you think you have managed to put out of business.jokes aside Im completely lost for words,just incredible and thanks for sharing your awesome collection..............Jake.

Super impressive collection!!

?

Thanks for the compliments, here are some quick new iPhone pics of the room with some changes I have recently made; of one note, the very rare Glider Pilot officer ensemble, some new airborne and FSSF battledress and helmets, and display changes. My new acquisitions are named with provenance and some of the new Airborne or FSSF items the soldier was from a town near where I live.

?

Love the CEF Motor Machine Gun tunic, Doug. If you are interested, emedals has a really nice named Motor Machine Gun helmet for sale - would go nicely with your grouping/ display.

http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...et-named-c0843

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast