Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Celle Garison Museum

Article about: Guys, A few pics from the museum which is a private small collection built up over decades. I have been a member for arround ten years sadly not contributing much time due to my previous job

Default Celle Garison Museum

Guys,

A few pics from the museum which is a private small collection built up over decades.

I have been a member for arround ten years sadly not contributing much time due to my previous job. It is located on the Schutzenplatz in the middle of a car park.

Some of the old boys were the opposition, indeed Adolf pictured showing his old wound was a tank commander (Panther) was sniped by a Russian woman at 600m. He called out the location as he fell wounded and they caught or killed her? I will ask him next week. He was impressed with her shooting and says he owes his life to the fact he was wearing his cap (pictured with hole and copy eagle? and ) pushed back in a non regulation fashion. Although at 600m I think it was just luck and not his day. I will post more photos when I get time.

Natuarly if you are in the parish please drop in andbring your camera. It is open Wednesdays from 1400-1700ish and Sataurdays same detail.

I must add due to theft many of the badges/headgear are copies to dress the uniforms. Despite that it is worth a visit!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Celle Garison Museum   Celle Garison Museum  

Celle Garison Museum   Celle Garison Museum  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Celle Garison Museum
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Celle Garison Museum

Jock what unit was Adolf with ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul,

I will get all his details for you. I think he was captured in the West?

Jock

Jock

A great museum with living history
    We used to go drinking in Celle in early 80s when we were on exercise on Luneberg Heath!!
    Would the museum have been there then?

Great memories!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Jock , that`s a great little place to visit , with a very personal touch . I think that bullet only had Adolf`s first name on it and not his surname . Everytime he looks in the mirror he can see how lucky he was ! great to see a photo of his damaged cap also .

cheers Al

Nick
    It was there but in a different location, then it was in the German part of CD Barracks.

Al,

Thats just a snap shot 3 floors with 11 rooms total one of which is the armoury.

Well worth a visit with the tank museum only another 40 minutes up the road and Belsen in the area, plus the other two private museums in Bergen and Fallingbostel there's plenty to do.

Jock

Thanks for posting this Jock , Adolf and his war time story is awesome , id love to sit down for a few hours with a guy like him, and great collection , cheers Raymond

Impressive collection of Imperial Dunkelblau waffenrocks, (my favourites !), i would love to visit. Thanks for showing.

Oradour,

There is another room full, if you are over bend in and visit. There is a large military fare at a place called Dorfmark near Fallingbostel, I think twice a year. A bit of a busmans holiday for some perhaps? I never go to the fare as it is chock full of dealers, that leaves the flee markets free for the rest of collectors.

Jock