Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

Article about: by youthcollector1 btw glennyboy "counterfeiting the holocaust" by Alec T. has help me in my search for authintic jewish artifacts. I work side by side with the holocaust museum he

Default Re: CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    btw glennyboy "counterfeiting the holocaust" by Alec T. has help me in my search for authintic jewish artifacts. I work side by side with the holocaust museum here in Houston. Maybe of my items hae original paperwork as well.

- - Updated - -

The juif star and photo are even from USHMM(United States Holocaust Memorial Museum)/paperwork on back.
    Yes, I have read your thread concerning that book and that is now on my to-buy look
    Thanks, Glen.
    PS I Completely agree with Jerry and Paul.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud
    P
    Many

Default Re: CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

Youthcollector,,The one HJ knife is a fantasy piece,, I hope you didnt pay alot for it as the HJ did not make double edged daggers for the youth. What moved you into working for a Holocaust Museum? This is a very responsible position to be in as these items are sensitive in history.
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-29-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Bond View Post
    You have a lot of good stuff and what are probably a few fakes. I tend to show my items and get a thumbs up before I add them to my collection threads. We have all gotten it wrong on occasion and hopefully now you are posting here you won't buy any more wrong ones.
    This is my hope, nobody likes buying something only to find out it's fake. Thanks

Paul anti is a fake. The Deutsche Kreuz in Gold is original but it's the 1957 model. Thanks

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Youthcollector,,The one HJ knife is a fantasy piece,, I hope you didnt pay alot for it as the HJ did not make double edged daggers for the youth. What moved you into working for a Holocaust Museum? This is a very responsible position to be in as these items are sensitive in history.
    Dont work there, wish I did, only a volunteer when I can. I do however work with Carol Manley who is the director of collections and exhibiions to make sure any items I have are used if need be. She also does not know much about the artifacts so with the education from videos and reference books I try to help when I can. I had a jewish mother. Her father was in the US army/ served during D-day. Along with other family members who were in camps I feel compelled to continue the spread of the history. Only survivors in are family from the camps were my mothers two great Uncles, which both lost there wifes and children in the war, never to remarry. My grandpa died on my mothers 8th birthday, so grandma remarried. He was a doctor in the army in Europe during WWII. My fathers two fathers(birth and step) both were in the Navy and served in the pacific. The history of wwii is strong in our family. I even wish to open a Holocaust/WWII in Europe museum one day.

As for the hitler youth knife, I beleive they had a bayonet double edged knife, may be wrong.

The Jewish armbands are all Eastern European fakes that flooded the market about 10 years ago. I seen some sell for $400-500 and then for $10-15 once market was full.

Some of the paperwork I promised. If any can translate the Ukrainian that would be awsome. I have a rough idea what it says.
    025.jpgCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proudCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud028.jpgCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proudCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proudCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proudCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proudCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proudCHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

- - Updated - -

025.jpg

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    The Jewish armbands are all Eastern European fakes that flooded the market about 10 years ago. I seen some sell for $400-500 and then for $10-15 once market was full.
    Yes there were fakes that flooded the market recently, dont think these are, not sure on the jude armband(different source). I have paperwork from the original owner. In the 50's 60's and 70's she took out a insurence policy on them in Israel. They were purchasea her estate sale.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Yes there were fakes that flooded the market recently, dont think these are, not sure on the jude armband(different source). I have paperwork from the original owner. In the 50's 60's and 70's she took out a insurence policy on them in Israel. They were purchasea her estate sale.
    I hope you are right, but I am always doubtful about them.
    Also it is strange that the document in Russian dated 1942 has German stamp "Juden or Jude Warschau" meaning Jews or Jew Warsaw and Geheime Staatspolizei stamp- makes no sense.

looking up info. on it, cant find much. warschau had a strong russian influence. This stamp did exsist however.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast