Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

Article about: by youthcollector1 btw glennyboy "counterfeiting the holocaust" by Alec T. has help me in my search for authintic jewish artifacts. I work side by side with the holocaust museum he

Default Re: CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    looking up info. on it, cant find much. warschau had a strong russian influence. This stamp did exsist however.
    Warsaw had strong Russian influence ? Please do a bit of research. Red Army "liberated" Warsaw on January 17th of 1945, when 90% was demolished.
    Like I said, 1942 Russian document with German stamps from a city in Poland over 1000kms away from the frontline at the time - makes no sense.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud
    P
    Many

Default Re: CHECK IT OUT! my collection of WWII Thrid reich, U.S, and jewish artifacts. Very proud

I was speaking of early 1900's and 1800's, it was WARSSCHAU Russia then. Nothing about 1942

No need to attack, research has been done and im just as confused as you when it comes to the stamps. Don't understand why someone would fake this.

I was speaking of early 1900's and 1800's, it was WARSSCHAU Russia then. Nothing about 1942
    1. Warschau is German for Warsaw - why would Russians use German name for a Polish city ?
    2. The Russian influence during the partition period was not as strong as one would think and surely didn't last till 1942 :-)
    3. The Russian document is dated 1942 and has German stamps, which makes no sense.
    4. I am not attacking you, but simply pointing the problems with the document in question. All kinds of documents were and are faked because people buy them. You can buy boxes of such documents and holocaust memorabilia all over Eastern Europe, because it sells.

An impressive collection for one so early into the hobby as 25. However, as I was looking through the pieces, I was estimating that about 15-20% of it is not good. You should look into doing a piece by piece assessment and appraisal and weed out the bad and go on from there.

and, BTW, I completely agree with Larry. If the HJ had a double edged boot knife style dagger, I have never seen one and am unaware of such an item existing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Agreed. I wasn't say Wasschau Russia as in that its the russian name but as in reference to the stamp and that warsaw was in russian hand by after Napoleon and up after WWI, not to 1942. Worded it. I'll let you know what I can find out outside of here. Thanks ttyl

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An impressive collection for one so early into the hobby as 25. However, as I was looking through the pieces, I was estimating that about 15-20% of it is not good. You should look into doing a piece by piece assessment and appraisal and weed out the bad and go on from there.
    Thanks Wagriff. Most of th 15 percent comes from when I was 16,17,18, before I had money. I was always looking for a good deal, rather than original. Didn't even think peoplewould reproduce these artifacts. I plan on getting them out, learning more always of course and can spot the fakes a little better now through this fourm and research. Thanks again.

Agreed. I wasn't say Wasschau Russia as in that its the russian name but as in reference to the stamp and that warsaw was in russian hand by after Napoleon and up after WWI, not to 1942. Worded it. I'll let you know what I can find out outside of here. Thanks ttyl
    Final comment - Warsaw - from 1831 to 1915 in Russian hands.

?

C.S.,

Please don't think everyone is attacking you when they question any of your items. You've posted your collection and it is bound to attract comments and questions.
    The members won't just sit back 'ooohing' and 'aaahing' at your pieces, they will give honest opinions and ask direct questions. Meyle77 is only addressing an issue he's seen, is pointing it out and seeking clarification, he is not attacking you. His questions are valid.

If you collection militaria and particularly Third Reich militaria you need to understand that someone will always be out to make a fast buck at the expense of a collector.
    For example, someone buys a box of innocuous wartime documents, boring and routine paperwork, noting exciting. He takes them home and adds a few SS stamps, a Star of David or some Gestapo marks. Suddenly, his box of boring papers bought for a few dollars are now worth considerably more, each piece he's 'added' to now worth a hundred dollars if he sells it to the right person in the right place. Not over the net where research could be done, but at a local gun show or yard sale when people see the stamps and can't look them up, they have to buy it there and then for cash.

The same goes for decorations, headwear, uniforms, every aspect of the Third Reich has been faked. It might seem harsh that your collection, built up since your teens is being questioned but if you join a forum and post your pieces, as I said earlier, they will attract comments, good and bad and any fake pieces will be pointed out.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3