Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Civil award display

Article about: I've been playing around with some of my civil award collection and have just re-arranged some of the pieces into a display frame. I think with framing awards it is easy to stuff everything

Hi Terry, the Adler Orden was a private purchase off the e-stand. I think I paid around $530 which I though was OK seeing as dealers are asking anywhere from $7-900. This is also the earlier version of the 5th class as the later were zinc and of course lose their finish. You just have to keep your eyes open and keep searching.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Civil award display
    P
    Many

?

Yeah I have spotted 1.. & the Zinc seems to swallow up the silver coating which is a shame.. & that 1 is going for 477 pounds ....So I will keep my eyes peeled for that as well..lol.. Cheers Terry.

Well good luck with that, I am still looking out for a decent Memeland medal for you but they are all pretty pricey for decent ones. I think if you want quality you're going to have to pay for it old son.

Looking great Glenn !!

Where are your NSDAP LS medals ??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

These ones?

Civil award display

Those beauties!

They should be an essential part of your civil collection surely !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hmmm, i'm kind of thinking NSDAP and civil awards are somewhat seperate?

Yes I suppose they are

You will just have to build a nice NSDAP display !

Nick

Like this one?

Civil award display

Great photos, Glenn!...I particularly like the framed NSDAP grouping, it's very much in line with my current project of creating small groupings of related material in my curio-cabinet display...At the moment I'm working on DRK, Stalingrad-related items, and Veteran/Stahlhelm items...I use paper items (newspapers, feldpost, etc) as backdrops as well...
    Well done and continued good luck in your endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast