Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets

Article about: As asked for...here are a few close ups of my dug up bullets....and the tin for 3 condoms that was found in a Canadian WW1 camp area..even has the Widows names embossed on it!!! The large ro

?

Default Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets

As asked for...here are a few close ups of my dug up bullets....and the tin for 3 condoms that was found in a Canadian WW1 camp area..even has the Widows names embossed on it!!!
    The large round..I think is 1880s and was found in a harbour..so probably Naval..but a very rare round is sitting at the tip of it..this is a fired Whitworth "Sniper Rifle" round..found in Virginia..a few were used by the Confederates and they were deadly at half a mile...not bad for a muzzel loading weapon made in the UK during the late 1850s. They had 2 types of rounds..one was 6 sided with a twist..and that matched the inside of the Rifle Barrel..the other, as shown, was conical.

Most of these bullets were dug in US Civil War sites..but the interesting thing about it is this..at the begining of that War..both sides went to Europe to buy firearms..and they used just about every type of weapon made from the 1830s up..until they could provide enough "home made weapons"..of course the Confederacy always had to import weapons as well as recover weapons from Battlefields to arm their Armies.

It is a great study of world wide weapon of that period..and I have at least one book that show over 1200 differant rounds dug up from campsites and Battlefields from that War.

Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets   Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets  

Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets   Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets  

Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets   Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets
    P
    Many

Default Re: Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets

Its just amazing to see the changes over time that bullets have gone through, very nice collection I must say

?

Default Re: Close ups of Dug 1690s to WW2 Bullets

Thank you. I have many more that are still packed away as I have little time to sort and display them..looking at buying a larger house with a rec room so I can put most of my stuff on display!!!

I really should photo my cannonball collection and post it

Dean