Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth

Article about: I am in the process of buying a decent WWII collection from the daughter of Lt. Lambeth. Lambeth was squad leader and XO of A Company, 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion. Lambeth was a D-Day rep

Default The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth

I am in the process of buying a decent WWII collection from the daughter of Lt. Lambeth. Lambeth was squad leader and XO of A Company, 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion. Lambeth was a D-Day replacement, landed in France June 13, 1944. He was wounded with shrapnel in September and served in 5 different battles. All of these items were collected by him during his service in Europe. Some of the items have really interesting history to go with them. There are a few pieces not pictured yet. I do not have his pictures yet and I did not photograph his letters. Later on I will add pictures of three large battleflags that I ran out of time to photograph today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth   The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth  

The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth   The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth  

The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth   The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth
    P
    Many

Default Re: The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth

The American flag is evidently a captured German souvenir since it was found in a German barrack. The American helmet was one I already had but the net was inside one of the German helmets so I wanted to display it. The 81st was stationed near Merzig and it is neat that the NSDAP tunic is named with the location. Is there any way of finding out about this fellow? I would like to know what insignia to get for him. The Luftwaffe tunic seems almost unissued. It does not have any stamps other than manufacturer and size and the collar does not seem to have ever had anything on the yellow tabs. I am sorry for the awful picture of the camo jacket. I should have known better than to attempt photographing it on a zeltbahn.

Here is the field gear that came with the uniforms and headgear. The mess kits have a nice history. They are mentioned in the official unit history as well as his letters. The unit history mentions that A company got to see the effects of their firing on a German mess line. The concentration killed several but the interesting part was that the Germans dropped everything and ran so that the mess kits were more or less in the same line that they had been in. Lambeth called in that attack and wrote home about it sending along a couple of the mess kits. Boots are almost new but have some scuffing. There is hardly any wear to the bottoms though. I love the signature on the back of the backpack and I think it is neat that he got one of each type to show the older and newer styles, with and without the straps in the back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth   The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth  

The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth  

What does the FL. U. V. stand for on the Luftwaffe spoons?

I believe that it is the Flieger Unterkunft Verwaltung or Flight Barracks Administration.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You show some wonderfull items here, thanks. They are made all the better by knowing who originally obtained them.

Cheers, Ade.

Can anyone tell me about the insignia that should be on the NSDAP and Luftwaffe tunics?

?

For the NSDAP I would recommend Bob Coleman who has one of the best NSDAP collections or Jeff Clark. Just have a look at this thread over on WAF. How about a thread of some Political Leader uniforms? - Page 4 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

http://www.nsdapuniforms.com/

Hope this helps...

LieDetector
    ?

Mouth is watering... Very nice!

Very nice collection!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast