Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The collection of an almost thirteen old.

Article about: The luft is a german post war made knife made out of real luft parts. The factories kept on making them and sold them. My great grandfather bought this for 50 dollars german.

Default Re: The collection of an almost thirteen old.

This kinda reminds me of my collection when I was 13, small but steadily growing.

It's ironic and unfortunate that your great uncle was admitted into the "Lucky Bastard Club" and then died in a air accident shortly after. A lot of people got hurt or killed shortly after the war had ended in a wide variety of accidents.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The collection of an almost thirteen old.
    P
    Many

No kidding. Very sad. My Grandfather told me his Uncle cme back, worked for a building company, and had tools fall on his head.

Just so you know guys I updated my collection, and made a new thread.

I love the South Vietnam flag very nice! It was a law that the S Viet flag be displayed on every structure early in the war but for some reason they are still very hard to find! I have been collecting vietnam items for a long time and have only owned one that I believe is original. They reproduce them in Hong Kong, Thailand and Vietnam and they are made with the same methods and materials so they look almost identical. The newspaper clipping of the man dying in the "Air Mishap" I am interested in knowing what that says...do you know his unit?

That was the article of my Great Uncle. He lived right by me, and his Sister lives very close to where he use to live. The flag is Sout Vietnamese? I didn't know he flew over there.

Do you know the value of the flag? I'll post up close pictures of the clippings.

It probably wasn't his unless he was in the Air Force Reserves and signed up again for Vietnam. A lot of enlisted guys went to Vietnam because they could get stations in Thailand with the B-29s and that was a pretty good deal. You still got combat pay in most areas. I would love to see some closer photos of the flag and if you could give me the size that would be nice. I would also say that the air crew wings are late 50s or 60s and the air medal is also probably korea or vietnam issue or itis a replacement. I say that because of the box. It is probably dated on the tag or sometimes in chalk or pencil. As for its value of the flag its not as much as you would think. A really great S. Viet flag sold at an auction I was at for $75 a month ago.

He served in World War Two, and died right after the war. I have no Idea how he got the flag. But yeah, I could get better pictures. The air medal is dated 43'. The flag is 10 3/4 in on the base, and 8 in on the height.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The collection of an almost thirteen old.   The collection of an almost thirteen old.  

Nice collection was given to you. An excellent to start and a reason to make it larger. Happy new year.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

vietnam flag> very nice collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast