Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Complete Boer War Medical Kits

Article about: Here is a couple of Canadian Boer War Medical Kits I bought a couple of weeks ago, Very Rare, the leather one would have been carried in a Saddle Bag, the other on a belt or shoulder strap.

?

Default Complete Boer War Medical Kits

Here is a couple of Canadian Boer War Medical Kits I bought a couple of weeks ago, Very Rare, the leather one would have been carried in a Saddle Bag, the other on a belt or shoulder strap.

Dean O.Complete Boer War Medical KitsComplete Boer War Medical KitsComplete Boer War Medical KitsComplete Boer War Medical KitsComplete Boer War Medical Kits
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-03-2013 at 03:42 AM. Reason: ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Complete Boer War Medical Kits
    P
    Many

I really like them - congrats on the pick up!

I had a chance to buy a Boer War portable stove a few years back, but in the end didn't - kinda kicking myself now.

Cheers

Edit - lol@Steve - because you could?

?

You don't see those every day! Great items and thank you for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Certainly something different! Thanks for sharing it!

?

Thanks Guys, I know that it really does fit the forum, however I thought some might like to see them, I am sure they are the same as the British issue ones, however the bandages ect, for the most part are Canadian Made, so that makes them a little more rare.
    I will probably keep one for my collection.

Dean O.

Nice find, but some of the contents are of a later date.The zinc oxide adhesive plaster wasn't invented until 1920, so i'd imagine that it and the other J&J gauze bandage are from a later time, but I guess that's not to be unexpected. I wonder how long these kits were kept in service, or maybe it was sold as surplus and used elsewhere?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well I thought some of the items were a bit later in the canvas pack, so they may have been used by the Militia for a few years after. However these did come out of an old collection and were there since sometime in the 20s, they were on display until the 60s or 70s then were put into storage. they were found in a box last month during a cleaning up.
    I was allowed to make a large donation to get them, as I have donated several items to these people to help complete WW1 and WW2 displays over the years.

Regardless, they are still rare, if somewhat well out of the general collecting areas. I know one that really collects Boar War except the Medals

Dean O.

?

Medical kits are always interesting.