Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Current Desert Mannequin

Article about: Hello all, i have been asked by another member (tango) to show some pics of out Desert Camo Mannequin. A few weeks back he was wearing a jacket (last pic) however we have since received some

Default Current Desert Mannequin

Hello all, i have been asked by another member (tango) to show some pics of out Desert Camo Mannequin. A few weeks back he was wearing a jacket (last pic) however we have since received some body Armour which he is wearing with the undershirt.

In his bag is extra kit including shirt, naffi tokens, pouches, mine detection kit etc... Still a lot to get for him and we need to start buying some webbing for him to attach the pouches them onto. An SA80 would also be a lovely addition for him but that's going to have to wait

Quick question, i don't really like how it displays at the moment, i preferred it with the camo shirt. Do you guys think it would be OK to put the body armour over the jacket/shirt or wouldn't it have been worn like that?

We are currently buying some of the new MTP to update him but until i have more he's got to stay like this.

- - Updated - -

Feel free to give any suggestions/corrections
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Current Desert Mannequin   Current Desert Mannequin  

Current Desert Mannequin   Current Desert Mannequin  

Attached Images Attached Images Current Desert Mannequin 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Current Desert Mannequin
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Current Desert Mannequin

V you need to ask yourself how long was this soldier cutting around the Battlefield..Because the shirt is wearing now is a UBACS "Under Body Armour Combat Shirt"..if he is 1st Gulf war you will need to change a few bits if he is the last 5 years you are doing fine!!! A normal shirt wouldn't normally be worn with CBA " Combat Body Armour"..infact I think that CBA is now called ECBA "Emergency"..because it is pants!! You would sweat too much with a normal shirt...Also he has a Guards DZ flash so he must be a guardsman.."wooden top"....L85A2 or A1 SA80 you can try to buy a BB gun that would be a lot cheaper....my friend has 1 & it looks ok!!!...Thanks for posting the pictures.. Terry.

Thank you! Yes, going for the more current conflict as he's wearing the Mk6a. Would the webbing be worn over the body armour?

Nice modern rig. Webbing would be worn over armour yes, or on the armour if it's Osprey with the molle tabs. If you need any specific stuff I have tons of old desert gear lying around. An Osprey Mk1/2/3 would be cool to update him a bit, you can buy the covers on ebay. I would fill it with a chopped up sleeping roll instead of ceramic plates etc. The proper Osprey rig is ridiculously heavy.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nice modern rig. Webbing would be worn over armour yes, or on the armour if it's Osprey with the molle tabs. If you need any specific stuff I have tons of old desert gear lying around. An Osprey Mk1/2/3 would be cool to update him a bit, you can buy the covers on ebay. I would fill it with a chopped up sleeping roll instead of ceramic plates etc. The proper Osprey rig is ridiculously heavy.
    I was shocked at the weight of the Kevlar Plates and FIller in this one. I couldn't walk round in it all day. I will look into a cover as would fit in better i agree,

?

Like Kradspam says you would normally wear belt kit over CBA..but I have seen some guys wear under so a personal choice I thinks!!!.I think now days belt kit is losing its touch..most of my pouches were attached to the Armour....So when the armour came off so did your lifeline..which I dont like but that is modern warfare lol....When I was in Bosnia we had this CBA & I'm sure I wore my beltkit under it...that when you are resting up somewhere you can keep all your pouches on you & get rid of that uncomfortable CBA!!!..Anyway enough waffling on by me!! I sound like Uncle Albert "during the war" lol. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Like Kradspam says you would normally wear belt kit over CBA..but I have seen some guys wear under so a personal choice I thinks!!!.I think now days belt kit is losing its touch..most of my pouches were attached to the Armour....So when the armour came off so did your lifeline..which I dont like but that is modern warfare lol....When I was in Bosnia we had this CBA & I'm sure I wore my beltkit under it...that when you are resting up somewhere you can keep all your pouches on you & get rid of that uncomfortable CBA!!!..Anyway enough waffling on by me!! I sound like Uncle Albert "during the war" lol. Cheers Terry.
    Thats great info, i've never thought of that, its a major design flaw really!

?

I seen a few of the lads have their skin saved by body armour!! so it does work..but it seems to be now days they just keep piling the kit on!!! so you sweat more.but you can only carry so much water,ammo & dressings with CATs. Cheers Terry.

Believe it or not a basic infantry Osprey set must be around twice the weight of an ECBA rig; the plates are much bigger and thicker, and like Tango said - all your webbing kit is strapped to the armour itself. Then if you get all the upgrades to it like the full collar and shoulder pieces it's even heavier. Nobody really wears that though, unless you are static for ages somewhere pretty exposed.

Ridiculous really, if you showed it to a Tommy in 1944 he would laugh his head off at the weight. He'd probably keep the jetboil though.

Here is my attempt Current Desert MannequinCurrent Desert MannequinCurrent Desert MannequinCurrent Desert Mannequin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast