Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dagger & SS display

Article about: My small dagger display with an attributed SS dagger & an original SS Ehrenring along for the ride.

Default Re: Dagger & SS display

Welcome aboard mate, what a great way to start!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger & SS display
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    I assume the third dagger is an SA, which has been turned to show the reverse?
    A ground Rohm I would say.

Some collection though, thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. I echo Paul's request for some more photos of the ring if possible?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Wonderful to see an original ring , and welcome to the forum.

Many members here see fake and copy SS Ehrenring i'm sure all would appreciate it if you could post some more photos of your original ring in order that all can learn what to look for,

cheers

Paul
    I'll second that! What fascinates me about the March 20th ring is that it is only seen in that year, 1936. As you probably know, Himmler made the TK ring into an official award on the 13th September of that year, and decreed that in future only 4 dates would be inscribed inside the ring.

20th April/ 20.4 Hitler's Birthday

21st June/ 21.6 Summer Solstice

9th November/ 9.11 The November Putsch and Krystalnacht (From 1940 onwards.)

21st December/ 21. 12 Winter Solstice

So this makes your ring very rare. I think there are only 7 or 8 known to exist with this date, I have the list of recipients somewhere, but I'll keep them sub rosa for persec!

This is wonderful, I hope you will post some good pictures of it!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    A ground Rohm I would say.

Some collection though, thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. I echo Paul's request for some more photos of the ring if possible?
    Or could be the obverse of a ground NPEA!
    Just kidding. It does indeed look like the reverse of a ground Röhm.

Thanks all, the partial ground Rohm I sold that one a while ago, still got the rest, these pics are old all my remaining daggers are locked away at the moment, unfortunatley where I'm living it's abit hard to have them out on display.

The SS dagger I bought this one back in '2004 it is stamped 4496 attributed to Obersturmbannfuhrer Rudolf Grun party no.289551 who was with 10 SS Standarte,Kaiserslautern never found out if he survived the war or what happened was listed with this unit 'til late 1944.
    The 2 remaining SA daggers we have a Carl Wusthof dagger stamped 16/18301 on the scabbard and crossguard I've never been able to find out much about this number I think it is a unit ?
    The other SA dagger is a very nice Haenel I really dig this one it was my first SA that I imported downunder so it's special to me.
    I've bought all these through Paul@Lakesidetrader great guy, probably wont be getting any more too many hoops to jump through to import them to Oz.

The Totenkopf ring is named to Hermann Warch of SS no.of 59 SS Standarte, Loeper not sure if he survived the war either, as described by Don Boyle on his certification, wear to bottom runic and very nice engraving inside the Honour ring.

I'm not a new collector just new to this forum some of you may have seen these items on the WAF or GDC over the years but I always enjoy showing fellow collectors, thanks.

One thing I would add is if anyone wants to buy an honour ring do your homework study the forums and get second opinions or try to get Don Boyles blessing or someone else who knows these items as unfortunatley there are alot of fakes out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger & SS display   Dagger & SS display  

Dagger & SS display   Dagger & SS display  

?

Well, thanks for showing these items here too then.
    I can only agree about the rings; I wouldnt know where to start (I know, I know; research) and most likely wouldnt even dare buy one, even if I had the funds (okay, maybe from a member in good standing here)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2