Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

The dangers of alcohol and website updates

Article about: Very nice additions Glenn ! Watch out for that radiation mate! I had another drunken spending spree last night... oh dear Nick

?

Dealer reputations can be won or lost very quickly in the age of the internet and they are lost far more easily and publicly than won.

Daniel has had a good reputation, I hope he doesn't suffer from this episode.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dangers of alcohol and website updates
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    On Daniel's site, GreatMilitaria.com
    It appears to have gone from the awards section.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Dealer reputations can be won or lost very quickly in the age of the internet and they are lost far more easily and publicly than won.

Daniel has had a good reputation, I hope he doesn't suffer from this episode.
    He is an excellent dealer. However this is the second time an item of his I bought has been deemed a fake and he very quickly apologised and dealt with it well.

I have been buying from him for years and will continue to as I am sure things like this happen to the best of dealers

It just shows the importance of getting items checked on as many forums as possible first!
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yes, he took down both awards as soon as I bought them, luckily I had already saved the images.

?

Dealing with selling a potential fake is good, trying to sell that same piece again with no further clarification on authenticity (that I can see) is a bit troubling.

Daniel has nicely responded to my email, apologised and offered to refund the initial purchase price so all's well that ends well I think.

Daniel here. First post at this forum for me.

Sorry for the mess.

Nick first asked about this item this saturday. We pmed on WAF a couple of times and I was pretty busy with my new update.
    So unfortunately I paid too little attention to what he wrote about, then the update came with approx 30 orders. Glenn's was one of these.
    Since this item wasn't on the new item list it was removed from the shop(like all other items that are sold and not in the newslist).

So i'm glad that Glenn posted it, although you can read on the net that this award actually was awarded with this kind of breast shield(link on WAF) and so far I have seen no proof that it's actually bad.

I gave Glen the option to be fully refunded including fees or buy the medal for 30 euros, which he did. (The few returns I have will always include a full refund, no questions asked, and normally I will let the buyer keep the item, so really no issue or work for the customer. In this case Glenn had paid but I hadn't shipped it).

Glenn I will also send an extra gift for you. I hope you will have some use for it.

?

Welcome to the forum Daniel and thank you for clearing it up.
    If you have any further information about this award that would be useful, please post it.

Thank you for your response Daniel and welcome to the forum !!

Nick

Thanks guys.
    While checking the award section of this forum I saw that you had posted this medal here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...reuzes-369351/
    No bad responses as I can see.

So I guess we all have to admit that at this point it's a open game.

Here is the link to the German page Medaille des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes 1937

"Die hier gezeigte Medaille hat im Gegensatz zu den anderen Klassen einen Adler ohne aufgelegtes Brustschild mit Rotem Kreuz. Medaillen mit Brustschild kommen zwar vor, sind aber nicht statutengerecht."
    Translated:
    "The medal shown here, in contrast to the other classes have an eagle without the DRK breast shield. Although medals with breastplate occur, but are not statutes justice."

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast