Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

The dangers of alcohol and website updates

Article about: Very nice additions Glenn ! Watch out for that radiation mate! I had another drunken spending spree last night... oh dear Nick

Default Re: The dangers of alcohol and website updates

Was it a pint glass Nick?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dangers of alcohol and website updates
    P
    Many

You know me too well Glenn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A pint of Babycham can get Nick into a lot of trouble.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well of the 18 items I ordered all have arrived with only a minty GAB that got stuck in customs, hopefully it'll get released soon after I go see them again tomorrow.

In the meantime I had a little splurge...

I've been wanting one of these for awhile to complete the 25, 40 and 50 year collection.

Then Hiscolls had this mint Sudetenland Commemoration medal so I had to grab that.

But of course then there are other commemoration medals aren't there? So...

Now I need a Memel medal but those are a little trickier to find

Because of the Spanish Volunteers medal I bought a week or 2 ago I've decided to get a couple of Axis partner medals and so I found a nice Italian/AK medal and a Rumanian Anti Communism medal, both reasonably priced.

I hadn't planned to go down the NSDAP route just yet but Hiscoills had this lovely 10 years service medal (heavy type) and the price was right so...

I also hadn't planned to collect any Police militaria but based on the success of my Police lid/Gorget display I figured one little, teeny, insignificant sleeve insignia couldn't hurt could it?

Then to wrap things up Hiscols also has a box of these cute, minty little ribbon bars and they were cheap enough and will look good next to my mint East Front medal and mint KVK mit schwerten.

I reckon thats going to have to do me until after next payday!

A very nice selection of medals You have a good eye my friend ! Were these bought under the expert guidance of Jack Daniels ?

What is the medal after the Italian Campaign one ?

Congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    A very nice selection of medals You have a good eye my friend ! Were these bought under the expert guidance of Jack Daniels ?

What is the medal after the Italian Campaign one ?

Congrats

Nick

The anti communism medal.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Some Excellent pieces there,Glenn-if your advisor Jack keeps up with This kind of quality help,I just May have to contact his distant cousin Monsieur Courvoisier for some help myself. I am Particularly impressed by the Frank and Reif Silver Panzer. I think it would be nearly impossible to upgrade this one-a Superb badge and I can't remember the last time I ever saw one to compare to it. Congrats! William

As it happens I live 5 minutes walk from the Kempinski Hotel here in town and Tuesday night has a happy hour with buckets of Carlsberg or Tiger for cheap between 6-7pm.

Soooo, to cut a long story short, last night involved some inbibing, a 5 minute wobble home, another beer (which for some reason I felt I needed), then out came the trusty credit card and in an instant the good Pete Whammond of Collectors Guild was a bit richer than he was a minute before!

1/ A nice Afrika cufftitle that I had been discussing the merits of with Ade and so armed with Ade's thumbs up I snaffled this beauty. I've been looking recently for a good example of the Afrika cuff in order to supplement my Pith helmet and tropical belt/buckle display. Why I couldn't settle for the more abundant and cheaper Afrikakorps cuff only the gods of collecting know.

2/ A very nice Erinnersrungs Medaille fur Deutsche/Finnischen Nordfront Abzeichen in the rarer black 1941-43 configuration. These are the sellers pics so better shots will be made when this beauty arrives. I'm quite fond of the level of silvering remaining on this example which sets off nicely the blue of the enamel.

The dangers of alcohol and website updates The dangers of alcohol and website updates

Cheers,
    Glenn

Fabulous additions Glenn

Nick

Well i'm back into my bad habit again lads, my bank account got lightened to the tune of 1100 euro this week and I now have 3 goodies shipping as we speak from German, Belgium and Holland.

So in anticipation of their arrival and the planned liberation of another 2 of my helmets from the 'storage room of secrets' I went to IKEA this afternoon and bought another DETOLF display cabinet!

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast