Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Deans' WWII collection

Article about: by Dean Thanks Doug, this has already been discussed before ad-nauseam in a separate thread. The CT is a fake , which i pretty much already knew when buying it and has been removed already b

?

Default Japanese items

Thanks. Yeah I agree about the new interest in Japanese items, personally anyway. I still wish I hadn't sold my helmet and sword...I traded the helmet for one of my DJ sig rune trumpet banners.
    Attached Images Attached Images Deans' WWII collection  Deans' WWII collection  Deans' WWII collection 
    Last edited by Dean; 10-13-2013 at 11:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deans' WWII collection
    P
    Many

That was a great score Bud and really like the rest of your collection aswell!

Cheers Phill.

?

Default DJ Trumpet Banners

Thanks Phill!
    Here's the DJ trumpet banner I traded the Japanese helmet for. Then here's the two banners next to each other . I posted these images on a separate thread a long time ago, so sorry if you've already seen it before. I know it can get pretty annoying when people post the same images over and over.
    Attached Images Attached Images Deans' WWII collection  Deans' WWII collection 
    Last edited by Dean; 10-13-2013 at 11:16 AM.

has Dean , been making brass knuckles LOL

great collection matey

Ewan

Quote by Dean View Post
    Thanks Phill!
    Here's the DJ trumpet banner I traded the Japanese helmet for. Then here's the two banners next to each other . I posted these images on a separate thread a long time ago, so sorry if you've already seen it before. I know it can get pretty annoying when people post the same images over and over.
    Indeed.
    Thanks for showing them, I hadn't seen them yet, actually. Not a bad trade in my opinion, and an item I'd prefer to have anyways.

Awesome!! Can i ask you why these pennants only had the one Reune on them? Was it because they were youth and not fully fledged SS ?

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Awesome!! Can i ask you why these pennants only had the one Reune on them? Was it because they were youth and not fully fledged SS ?
    They are trumpet banners for the German youth, not to be misinterpreted as the Hitler youth (Hitler Jungvolk), which was for boys 14+. The German youth (Deutsche Jungvolk), was for boys aged 10-13, and this was there symbol which was used during the Third Reich period, not unlike the ss which used the double runic symbol. They are similar, but completely different as they are for different organizations and one has two lightning bolts, while the other has only one.
    In regards to the organizations, however, one could argue that the D.J and H.J were created to instill Hilters ideology and constant loyalty to the Führer into the youth of Germans, and then later transfer them into the SS which represented said ideas. Therefore, they are, actually, somewhat similar and intertwined together. It is also probably why the symbols used to represent each of them are so similar to one another.

?

Thanks Ewan and Y-C !
    Ewan, I thought someone would spot those! my friend gave them to me. He made a pair from wood and the other out of plastic cutting board. I guess they aren't considered illegal since they aren't made of brass or metal, for that matter.
    Y-C, I agree about the trade..these Jap helmets are more easily found than the DJ banners, in my experience. Both banners came from the same source. The guy had a lot of different banners from different countries. He had a few USN sub banners as well.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    They are trumpet banner for the German youth, not to be misinterpreted as the hitler youth, which was for boys 14+. The German youth, which was for age 9-14 i believe, used this symbol during the third reich period, not unlike the ss which used the double runic symbol.
    Thank you YC1 you answered my Question perfectly i am now a tad wiser than a few minutes ago Thanks again.

Cheers Phill.

?

Yeah, Y-C nailed it Phill. I learn new things here everyday, thanks to the combined education of all the members here.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast