Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Display Idea. Opinions and Help!

Article about: by GIZMO8Z I'm really not looking to cut up anything authentic. An ideal situation would be a beater of a reenactor's tunic. I agree with some of the others here. Do not cut up an original a

Default Re: Display Idea. Opinions and Help!

Yep, Bundeswehr...chop 'em up, there's loads of 'em and despite how some people love 'em, they'll never be as collectable as TR. I've got an old GDR greatcoat that I bought for a tenner that i'd chop up in an instant if I had a reason.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display Idea. Opinions and Help!
    P
    Many

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Why not use a picture of the area of the tunic you want and just use it as a backgound in a frame.
    |<
    I dont think that would have the same effect. I'd really like to display the awards against the contrast of the fabric of what they were actually worn on.

The cloth you need is an ex Swedish Army tunic. These are wool. You then need to dye it Jade green, yes you did read that right! In the UK the dye made by "Dylon" works perfect. This will give you almost perfect Feldgrau cloth. I have done this many times in the past.

These are £20 in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

even better if you could find a photo of a well decorated german soldier and print it bigger and use it as a background

cheers,
    pat

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The cloth you need is an ex Swedish Army tunic. These are wool. You then need to dye it Jade green, yes you did read that right! In the UK the dye made by "Dylon" works perfect. This will give you almost perfect Feldgrau cloth. I have done this many times in the past.

These are £20 in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.
    I've never closely examined a Bundeswehr or Swedish army tunic. Do they really match WW2 German tunics spot on in terms of type of fabric, style, and buttons?

Here you go:

Military Supply House - Swedish Militray Wool Backpocket Jacket

As you can see they are based upon the German design. But are very different in detail. Back in the 1980's we converted them to German tunics for re-enactment as there was no such thing as repro tunics back then. Now they are only good for the cloth as much better repro tunics can be bought. But they are ideal to cut up for display mount backing cloths.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I like to use original German newspaper headlines/magazine covers such as VB, Signal, der Adler, die Wehrmacht etc...The artwork is bold and makes for a striking background. And they're cheap, too!
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-02-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added info

Some feldspanges would fit too!

Regards

Soldier of Fortune they got some here for a £10 (swedish ones) go to third reich then clothing then army and its on 2nd page

tom

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Yep, Bundeswehr...chop 'em up, there's loads of 'em and despite how some people love 'em, they'll never be as collectable as TR. I've got an old GDR greatcoat that I bought for a tenner that i'd chop up in an instant if I had a reason.
    (We never hear from Glenn again, because Steve has him shot.) lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast