Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Displaying Uniforms

Article about: Hello everyone! I have recently acquired two uniforms and as these are my first uniforms of any real value, I was wondering how I should display/store them. But this all comes with a catch.

?

Congrats on the tunics. I have a Canadian officers ordnance tunic, named. No pea coat yet. Congrats on your pieces, and enjoy them.....maybe post a pic someday.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Displaying Uniforms
    P
    Many

I will posts some pics soon. The peacoat is in the mail but I have the Ordnance tunic. Although in all honesty I'm thinking about reselling the ordnance tunic and upgrading to something a little better. My big peeve with it is its a '45 dated tunic, which sort of burns me. But I guess its just more of a pet peeve more than anything. I guess I probably shouldn't buy stuff over the phone, even if it is someone I know well.

?

1945 is still a part of the war. I agree it is not a popular date, but it should not take away from the tunic.

Ya I guess your right. Its pretty nice other than that (and it looks like someone staples one of the pockets for no particular reason, which for some reason amuses me). Also what would you say a good price for it would have been. I paid 150 for it so I would like to know.

?

I would have to see it. Depends on a lot of factors, insignia, makers label, named,...etc. All in all, if you feel good about the purchase, then money well spent. Keep receipts of purchase if you ever insure the items.

Thanks again visor.

Moving this thread along, how should I store the tunics if it has to come to that?

I have my lot in sealed plastic tubs

?

Depends on what the fabric is, some materials need to breath.

Good advice about the sunlight it is real hard on them I found that out the hard way. I just display mine and keep maintence on them with Cedar oil nearby and dust off them every often I used to put them in the dry cleaner bags and put them in a tube until a mouse chewed into it so even they need checked often. They are delicate items cloth and wool needs to breathe also. I suspose the bag technique would be your best bet it is difficult to say for sure. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2