Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do you have any replica items in your collection ?

Article about: repro luftwaffe decal on my stalhelm m35 and repro rsi decal on post war italian m33

Default Re: Do you have any replica items in your collection ?

repro luftwaffe decal on my stalhelm m35 and repro rsi decal on post war italian m33 Do you have any replica items in your collection ?Do you have any replica items in your collection ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have any replica items in your collection ?
    P
    Many

Quote by col james View Post
    spotter can i say that picklehaub looks superb
    Thanks col james..i was pleased with the pickelhaube,,,i didnt age this to make money on but many do,,,all it took was a couple of hours with some sand paper ,a blowtorch and some dirty rags,,,the brass parts got a distressed by randomly bending and denting then a spray over with some of that cillit bang household cleaner,this stuff discolours brass quickly once it had sat on for a few minutes a blast with the blow torch dried it out leaving an antique un cared for look,cigarette ash and contents of the hoover rubbed in added more dirt and dust etc ..for someone who knows about these helmets it would be easy to spot the fake,but many people will distress these modern india made ones to decieve and profit,(mine was just for decorative reasons),research anything well before thinking of buying
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have any replica items in your collection ?   Do you have any replica items in your collection ?  

Do you have any replica items in your collection ?   Do you have any replica items in your collection ?  

?

Spotter,

You have dine a GREAT job I'm shocked at how original it looks ! Good thing your not a con atrist ! Collecting is just a mine fild of fakes !

?

I have a few repro items, I use the term repro rather than fake, as I feel a fake is an item that is passed off as real, whereas a repro, is something you knowingly get to fill gaps.

I have a repro uniform, top notch, and only today received some repro SS items, insignia, cam helmet cover and cam type 2 smock. It'd be nice to have real stuff, but I like getting quality repros to make up " impressions" on my manaquin. I never pass off any repro as a real item. And I don't buy dodgy repros!!!!!!

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I have some helmet accessories, like a repro M1 helmet liner headband from AT THE FRONT, a repro USMC helmet cover, a helmet net from JMURRAY

thats about all the fake stuff in my collection, mostly just small stuff to dress up an original piece that is missing something
    All my repro is from " at th front" he does good quality gear........and I love his rants

?

Qotd, I agree with you on the topic of having "repros" as opposed to "fakes". I often buy repros and display them just have something to look at until I can afford the real deal. not everyone who collects are rich and can have what they want at the drop of a hat, So we poor boys have to look at something in the meantime! Here's a few repros!
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have any replica items in your collection ?   Do you have any replica items in your collection ?  

Do you have any replica items in your collection ?   Do you have any replica items in your collection ?  

?

more..

?

Here here, I can't afford SS cam, or be certain that if I could it would be fair dinkum. At least I know the SS smock is a repro, made exactly like the original, and looks great, and I get o muck ith it!!!!! I don't mind having quality repro in my collection, of course I'd love real items, and 80% of my gear is,but like you said it's fun to have and look at, and if one day I can get a real SS smock I will. And I never tell anyone that my repro gear is real.

Again, in my mind a " fake" is something passed off as originsl to deceive, a " repro" is an authentic reproduction of an item designed for a reenactor, or collector.

?

i have a replica M-2 D bail US WW2 medic helmet as not only are these rare but if your ever lucky to find an original one they go for mega bucks & so are heavily faked

?

You got what you wanted though, you have your medics helmet, and you can enjoy it for what it is

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast