Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Display.

Article about: Thought I would share a couple pictures of the humble display I made for these awards. This small collection is something my daughter and I have been working on for the past year. At 17, I w

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Display.

Thought I would share a couple pictures of the humble display I made for these awards. This small collection is something my daughter and I have been working on for the past year. At 17, I want to encourage her to learn more about history by exposing her to it, or the tangible remnants of it. When she became interested in World War Two after writing a report for school, it presented me with the opportunity to pursue something I had been interested in since my childhood, and to kindle the spark in her at the same time.
    Thanks for looking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Display.
    P
    Many

?

Very nicely done!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice display...

CBH
    ?

Nice job , great that your helping form the next generation of collectors . You can still look for the miniatures , or continue with a TR female area , organizations like Red Cross , RAD had female only items also woman in the Wehrmacht . Good luck in your collecting .

A wise start to TR-era award collecting as these pieces are relatively plentiful in good condition at reasonable prices. It will only go downhill from here in terms of the investment required!

Thanks all. I like that display you have Glenn! Did you make that? I agree the some of the ones I want now are more expensive than these, so I will go more slowly now. I really like the police long service collection! Thanks for the ideas Chris! My daughter is interested in combat related awards now. I have acquired a silver wound badge to start that grouping, and want to get the 1st and 2nd class iron crosses. Also have the KVK 2kl with swords. The Germans seemed to have so many awards with multiple classes that you need an acre of wall just to display them! Not to mention the fortune it would take to buy them!

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I like that display you have Glenn! Did you make that?
    Yes, indeed! I mount all my display pieces myself. As for the frame, it is a SAFE brand pin display case #5866

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Yes, indeed! I mount all my display pieces myself. As for the frame, it is a SAFE brand pin display case #5866

Sorry for the long delay! Thanks for the information! Very nice groupings you have put together! Does that frame come with anything inside to mount items on? I am always looking for display options and ideas.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Does that frame come with anything inside to mount items on?
    It only comes with a foam backing. I use a layer of bubble wrap underneath the foam in order to tighten up the gap between the foam and the glass. In that way, the awards are held against the glass by gentle pressure only so there is no need to try and glue or pin the awards into place.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    It only comes with a foam backing. I use a layer of bubble wrap underneath the foam in order to tighten up the gap between the foam and the glass. In that way, the awards are held against the glass by gentle pressure only so there is no need to try and glue or pin the awards into place.
    Thanks Glenn!
    When I did the display in this thread, I tried to keep the awards away from the glass a bit. Partly because the presentation box didn't allow it and I wanted to avoid the contact with the glass in general. Securing the awards does seem to be the worst part of display construction. I recently picked up a Reichsbahn collar tab and shoulder strap and you can see where someone used thumb tacks to display the collar tab.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast