Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Explosive Ordnance Display "Danger UXB" Fall 2012

Article about: Fellow Collectors, Thanks to all who have shared their collections and expertise on military history and artifacts. I am impressed with the variety of collections, the level of detail and th

Default Explosive Ordnance Display "Danger UXB" Fall 2012

Fellow Collectors, Thanks to all who have shared their collections and expertise on military history and artifacts. I am impressed with the variety of collections, the level of detail and the intensity of commitment to the preservation of history. My main area of interest is an extension of my time in military service, Bomb Disposal. The photos included here are from a display I took last fall to a local museum for a veterans appreciation event. Please note all items are fully inert and contain no residue or element of energetic material and/or dewat to specification.

Explosive Ordnance Display  "Danger UXB" Fall 2012

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Explosive Ordnance Display  "Danger UXB" Fall 2012
    P
    Many

Default Re: Explosive Ordnance Display "Danger UXB" Fall 2012

I take it you are a single man.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I take it you are a single man.
    Id love James to have a collection like this
    Fantastic display! Really Superb

Thanks for the positive comments, one needs to really enjoy the hobby to collect the big ones. As for single, sorry mate, I've been married to the high-school sweety for 35 years, she's put up with alot, not to mention 24 years as an Army wife! At one time I had a nice collection of arty projectiles, all lined up on the staircase steps in our quarters on post. The boys were young, I was on some range blowing things up and she called crying. She got all tangle foot with the ordnance at the top of the stairs, wiped out the whole lot on way to the bottom. Being the hero I was, had only one question; are my projos OK ?? That was the last in-house storage of ordnance, going on 25 years now. I also slept at the unit a night or two as well. Like I said, she has put up with alot. cheers,