Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Family Groupings

Article about: Hi Here are some of the most important pieces in my collection, my family groupings. Thanks Cameron

Default Family Groupings

Hi

Here are some of the most important pieces in my collection, my family groupings.

Thanks

Cameron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Family Groupings
    P
    Many

Default Re: Family Groupings

Hi

Photograph and document group to my Great Grandfather who served as a Gunner in the Royal Artillery during World War Two. He served with the 2nd Anti- Aircraft Division for 1 year and 196 days at home and never went abroad. Recently my relatives found his unused helmet decals and gave them to me, 'tinlid' recently posted a thread where these decals can be seen in use (see link).

Mk2 2nd Anti- Aircraft Div'

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Family Groupings  

Hi

Photograph and collar badge group to my Great Grandfather who served as a Corporal with the Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey) during World War Two. Once again he didn't serve abroad. Unfortunately I have little information about him.

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Family Groupings  

Well done, Cameron...You're definitely on the way to an interesting and varied collection, congratulations on these family heirlooms!
    cheers, Glenn

Hi

And now for one of my most prized possessions in my collection. A General Service Medal to my Grandfather who served as a Cpl in the RAF. Sadly I never met him but I have some information about him as my father's family traveled with him. He was at some post based in Wales and definitely stationed in Aden (most probably at RAF Kormaksar) as my farther was nearly killed during a bombing of their apartment (that's a story for another day)

Unfortunately this, along with a squadron photograph and a life saving medal, is all I have of his as my farther doesn't get on with his step dad and he currently has most of his belongings (some of which are rather interesting parts of aircraft etc).

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Family Groupings   Family Groupings  

?

Cameron a nice GSM there..with two bars...very nice .. thanks for the snaps.. Cheers Terry.

?

The Borneo and South Arabia bars are nice ones to have Cameron
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any records of recipients of the Royal Life Saving Society medal?

Thanks

Cameron