Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few bits and bobs

Article about: Hello all! I`m Gassie, and I started collecting back in September when I found a SSH-40 in a local flea market. It`s a small collection, but since i`m running on a \\$5 bucks a week allowance,

?

Default A few bits and bobs

Hello all! I`m Gassie, and I started collecting back in September when I found a SSH-40 in a local flea market. It`s a small collection, but since i`m running on a $5 bucks a week allowance, I`d say i`m doing pretty good. I have mainly been collecting Soviet items because German items, since they`re iconic, are waaay out of my price range. I don`t know a whole lot abut the binoculars, I only know that my great grandpa gave them to my dad, and that they belonged to a WWI captain from the 166th Infantry.

Here`s a few pics:
    A few bits and bobsA few bits and bobsA few bits and bobsA few bits and bobsA few bits and bobsA few bits and bobs
    Last edited by Gassie; 11-08-2011 at 06:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few bits and bobs
    P
    Many

Default Re: A few bits and bobs

Good little collection you have and it must be difficult on so little money. I look forward to any future additions and one day you'll earn more money and who knows what you'll get then.

Regards and welcome to the forum,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Most of us started out the same way as you did,you`r doing good.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

For just collecting since september you have done great keep it up and I wish you luck.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks everone. What i`m hoping to do next is put a few medals in a display case in that empty space between my gas mask and grenades. I`ve got a friend whos dad collects medals, and he said I could have a few of the ones he has. So I just need to go out and get a display case, and it will look a bit better.

-Gassie

?

Hello

Your collection is very nice ! Every one starts some where ! Keep the thred updated with your new additions ...

Kind regards
    Banksy

?

Hello all. Sorry about not posting on this for about a week. I haven`t because I havent gotten anything new yet. :P Well, except a bullet shell a friend of mine gave me claiming it to be an AK-47 shell. I`ve been trying to decode what the inside of my visor cap, and have been testing the authenticity of my Belgian helmet. I`ll add pictures of the bullet shell and the inside of the visor cap as soon as I can get pictures of them.

-Gassie

gassie some very nice items the belgium shell is good i think (don't quote me on this) that the russian cap is a 'Furazhka' hat (hope thats spelt right) for officers
    nice collection

Hey mate great to see another young collector, anyway i have an identical Soviet Technical Service Enlisted Man parade visor cap as can be seen here:
    My Growing Collection
    I have also found this site selling it at $76.64!!!
    http://mydatafeedscripts.com/russian...taria/Headwear
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Alright, through research, I have found out that the Furazhka is an Army Sergeant`s used in `89. The Belgian lid is also authentic, and now I intend to tackle the binoculars. I found this stamped on the back of the binoculars: "JOHN C. VOLKA, CAPT. 166TH INF." Also, on the SSH-40`s right chinstrap is "Новиков".

-Gassie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast