Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A few of my cloth items

Article about: I was told a year back by a conservator at the Australian war memorial, that the general rule of thumb with displaying paper or cloth items, is 1 year on display, not in direct sunlight but

?

Default Re: A few of my cloth items

I was told a year back by a conservator at the Australian war memorial, that the general rule of thumb with displaying paper or cloth items, is 1 year on display, not in direct sunlight but in a shaded enviroment , thrn3 years packed away in a dark environment, to make them last as long as they can

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few  of my cloth items
    P
    Many

?

thanks so much steveR ,i was bored so i just mixed it up some as i got rid of a few armbands.thanks and take care .! tony,thanks for the help as i will do that .thanks guys !

?

very nice display and collection Pammy ,thanks for showing

?

Hi Pammy, I studied German in college, and lived there for a bit, so until one of our native speakers volunteers their services, I can do some ROUGH translation. The first piece has to do with saving for camps(summer camps I guess), and how to properly use the paperwork for their savings towards HJ activities. Next is an award sheet for an "HJ Achievement Medal" with places for their name, birthplace, address, etc. The cover reads: "Savings book for camps and travel" The text reads: "Hitler Youth! Boys! Every year you'll renew your membership in a Schwäbish(a region near Stuttgart/Ulm) HJ camp or trip. Be very clear that the path of Hj always leads from the community. An important part of the community life is camp and trip experiences. The camp times in the summer will be in July and August, and the winter camps and skill camps will be from December to March". The next form is for a fitness(?) award. it has places for achievements in running, distance jumping, discus, and so on. I hope that helps, and I hope my translations weren't too terrible! (Entschuldigen bitte, wenn etwas wird nicht korrekt übersetzen!) I'm happy that these are from Schwäbia, that's where I learned my German(Tübingen)! My Schwäbish girlfriend used to make the best Spätzle! Ach, dass wäre schön.. haha.

A lot of great stuff Pammy, the luft trop tunic eagle cut-off is the best item IMO. I have a Dak cap eagle cut-off which is one of my best items.

Jerry

?

I love it Pammy! keep 'em comin! The sports award is SA, IMO.Thanks for showing!
    ~Dean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2