Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol

Article about: The next step was to nail the plywood board onto the back of the frame securely...

Default Re: Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol

The next step was to nail the plywood board onto the back of the frame securely...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol   Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol
    P
    Many

Once the board has been nailed to the back of the frame I then re-fitted the piece used to hang the frame on the wall, however this time I used to instead of one to make sure it wouldnt fall off the wall with the extra weight...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol   Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol  

I'll update once the two pistols arrive, hopefully by the end of the week so I can figure out the best way to hold the pistols inside the frame. I hope this is useful to someone thats stuck for storage/display ideas and has a few old photo frames lying around

Thanks

Danny

I finally got the pistols on monday, and have just found the time to finish off the frames. This is easily done, I positioned the pistols onto the frames then figured out the best position for the pieces of dowel and marked out where they would be......

The final stage was to attach the pieces of dowel onto the ply board, I simply used screws fitted into pre-drilled holes, but you could easily use nails instead

Overall I'm quite happy with the result and think that the frames have turned out even though the revolver was a little too big for the frame. Hopefully this is of use to someone else and might inspire people to try out other display techniques

Thanks

Danny

?

Great job Danny and a good 'how to' guide! Are you going to put glass in the frame to keeps the pistols dust free?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I was intending on putting the glass originally on the frames back, however the revolver slightly sticks out the front of the frame meaning that I'm unable to do so, and it would just look a little bit odd with glass in front of only the TT33 Pistol.

Thanks

Danny

?

Looks great, Danny! Have you considered using Plexiglass? You could buy a single piece and cut and glue it so it sticks out enough to compensate for the Nagant. Here's a crude drawing off what I'm having a horrible time trying to convey in words...

I did consider using plexiglass, in fact I have a sheet of it in my shed. I know exactly where you are coming from and thanks for the drawing however I think that I'll just leave the frames as is, at the moment the pistols can be taken out of the frames easily

Thanks

Danny

Nice bit of work Danny. Well done

Martin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast