Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gas mask......Danny?

Article about: Hello Danny & all, I think it was Ade who gave me some info on this battered gas mask. I think he said it was for use by people who needed to be more active and not encumbered. As usual

Default Gas mask......Danny?

Hello Danny & all,
    I think it was Ade who gave me some info on this battered gas mask. I think he said it was for use by people who needed to be more active and not encumbered. As usual I can't find which thread it was on! Can you refresh my old brain with any information about it? Dated 29/12/40, maker (?) PBC. I'm running out of space for my small collection in a small place and this one and the more common small child's one, which I don't think has ever been used, (still in original can with string and 'save food)' type propaganda inside as packing, have got to go. Could you let me know a fair price to ask for them? The adult one is in poor condition as you can see from the pic's. The small one's container has light rust on the outside but is good inside. I can take pictures of that one if it's any help.
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas mask......Danny?   Gas mask......Danny?  

Gas mask......Danny?   Gas mask......Danny?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask......Danny?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gas mask......Danny?

hi!
    There's an useful link! in the menu 'UK/CAN/AUS/ you can see similar masks. it is used by the army. i think the filter was replaced, or simply there's no variation like this.
    Start01

Thanks Nobody,
    That's a spectacular collection, unfortunately my two examples have to go. As I said I'm running out of space so have to be a bit more selective and as gas masks take up even more space than 'tin hats' they are the first to move on.
    Best regards,
    navyman.

yeah, gasmask lexicon is a great website, as is gasmasks.net! Well, I guess you found all the information you could have found out about the masks on the website posted by nobody
    For the civilian duty mask(the one picture) you would not get that much due to the condition of the mask but when you say small childs are you speaking about the micky mouse type mask, or the normal issue civilian mask but in a small size?
    Thanks

Danny

Hello Danny,
    It's the small, (very), civilian version. Superficial light rust on outside of container, inside very good condition.
    I'll put a couple of pics to show you.
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas mask......Danny?   Gas mask......Danny?  

Hi Guy, the mask is not a child's issue as such. It is a small size Adult gas mask. Possibly worn by an older child or teenager though.

The carrying tin is not an issue item. These came in a cardboard box which was used for carriage. As a result a whole range of tins, boxes etc became available from enterprising firms selling to the general public. This tin could be one of these or even a homemade item.

Nice to see and the leaflet is a bonus.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you all for the information. Now I can correctly I/D the masks.
    Cheers,
    Guy.

Ade has got it pretty much covered!
    Thanks

Danny