Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german display

Article about: A couple more displays od my collection. The p38 was alway in my grandfathers sock drawer growing up. He was older and didnt go to the war but ran a sawmill that cut cross ties for the railw

Default german display

A couple more displays od my collection. The p38 was alway in my grandfathers sock drawer growing up. He was older and didnt go to the war but ran a sawmill that cut cross ties for the railway built by the US from Iran to the Soviet Union. He employed vets during and after the war and this pistol was given to him by one of these guys. Needless to say it was one of the things that got me started collecting. It is with an ersatz holster. the holster is as the only way I ever remember it...no other straps etc. He didnt have any ammo for it until the 1950s. He got Czech ammo somewhere...50 rounds and shot the pistol once...at a possum which some black employees wanted for cooking. After that I am the only person to shoot it. No story came with the gun...no dead officer etc.

When I turned 16 he gave it to me and I went for a ride with it and shot a road sign. The hole is still in the sign about 10 feet off the end of my driveway today... a reminder of the good grades I made in the school of fool.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german display   german display  

german display  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german display
    P
    Many

Default Re: german display

Two more nice displays from your outstanding collection!

Can you show them all on one thread, it would be great to see them all together

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick...I ll try. I am digging this stuff out. I havent had much of it out for a long time. Storage is hard and guns are all in safes so I get out a couple of weapons and build a display with what comes out of the storage tubs first. Should I try and combine the threads I ve started into one? could the moderator help with that or should I delete them and do it again? It has been really nice the response everyone has given...especially honest opinion...that counts for a lot.

Great items, very nice.

Maybe you could just add any new images of your collection to this thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

german displaygerman displaygerman displaygerman displaygerman display