Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

German Medal Bars

Article about: Hi all, As a matter of interest, I have decided to show some german medal bars which I hope you will find of interest. Please feel free to pass comment on the bars and where I am looking for

Very nice!
    I have got non,but you guy's made me envious to get one ...or more....some day...!
    cheersz
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medal Bars
    P
    Many

Hi All, a few more groups to view, hope you like and enjoy them. Thank you to all those who have viewed and/or supported this thread
    Cheers Michael R

German Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal Bars

Group 1
    1914-1918 Honour Cross with Swords TR
    Military Long Service Medal Prussia
    China Expedition Medal 1900-1901
    War Commemorative 1914-1918 Medal Austria
    War Commemorative 1914-1918 Medal Hungary
    War Commemorative 1914-1918 Medal Bulgaria
    Faithfull Service Cross 25 Years TR

Group 2
    Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 Prussia
    War Commemorative 1914-1918 Medal Austria
    War Commemorative 1914-1918 Medal Hungary
    War Commemorative 1914-1918 Medal State Association of the Red Cross (Meritorious Service - Home Front)

Group 3
    Silver Bravery/Merit Medal Wurttemberg
    War Merit Cros 2nd Class with Swords TR

Group 4
    Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords Bavaria
    Army Jubilee Medal Bavaria
    Military 15 Years Long Service Medal Bavaria
    Faithfull Service Cross 25 Years TR

Group 5
    1914-1918 Honour Cross with Swords TR (worn as a watch fob)

Group 6
    Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords Bavaria
    Commemorative Medal 100th Anniversary of No14 Infantry Regiment "Hartmann" 1914 Bavaria
    Entry into Austria 13 March 1938 TR

Group 7
    Military Service Medal Austria
    Military Service Medal Austria
    Emperor Carl Cross 1916 Austria
    War Wound Medal (1 Wound) Hungary
    General Carinthian Cross for Bravery 2nd Class
    NSDAP Long Service Cross 10 Years TR
    NSDAP Long Service Cross 15 Years TR
    Entry into Austria 13 March 1938 TR
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 10-08-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Great and beautiful bars - keep them coming.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Cheers Steve. regards MR

Right; I'll fill in the blanks again:

• Group 1 (sixth medal on the bar): Медаль за участие в Европейской войне [War Commemorative Medal]; i.e. the Bulgarian commemorative medal for WWI. This one is on the ribbon for combatants. (The ribbon has faded badly; compare to the example in group # 2.)

• Group 2 (fifth medal on the bar): Медаль за участие в Европейской войне [War Commemorative Medal]; i.e. the Bulgarian commemorative medal for WWI; it's on the ribbon for combatants.
    • Group 2 (sixth medal on the bar): Kriegserinnerungszeichen des Bayerischen Landesvereins vom Roten Kreuz [War Commemorative Badge of the Bavarian State Association of the Red Cross]. This one has the ribbon for Heimatverdienst [meritorious service in the homeland] as identified by the silver stripes, whereas the ribbon for Kriegsverdienst [meritorious service in the field and rear areas] had additional black stripes.

• Group 3 (first medal on the bar): Silberne Militärverdienstmedaille [Silber Medal of Military Merit], aka Silberne Württembergische Tapferkeitsmedaille [Silver Wurttembergian Bravery Medal].

• Group 4 (fourth medal on the bar): Jubiläumsmedaille für die Armee [Jubilee Medal for the Army]; a Bavarian decoration
    • Group 4 (fifth medal on the bar): Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse für 15 Jahre [Service Award for 15 years]; again, Bavarian.

• Group 6 (fourth medal on the bar): An unofficial award; the commemorative medal for the 100th anniversary of the 14. Bayerisches Infanterie-Regiment "Hartmann" [14th Bavarian Infantry Regiment "Hartmann"] in 1914.

• Group 7 (fourth medal on the bar): Verwundetenmedaille [Medal for the Wounded]; an Austro-Hungarian decoration. This one is for a soldier who was wounded once (as identified by the single red center stripe of the ribbon).
    • Group 7 (sixth medal on the bar): Allgemeines Kärntner Kreuz für Tapferkeit 2. Klasse [General Carinthian Cross for Bravery, 2nd Class].

Here's a set that is currently for sale:
    EK2 Imperial
    - KVK with swords
    - Hamburg Hanseatic cross The Hanseatic cross was awarded for merit in war, and issued in the city of Hamburg
    - 1914 Friedrich August Cross from the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg. This is the Oldenburg equivalent of the 1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class. It is for combatants.
    - WW1 Honour Cross,
    - 25 year civil medal.
    - Imperial German Prussia landwehr army long service medal
    - Prussian 1897 Kaiser Wilhelm Centennial Medal.(Zentenarmedaille). This medal was created in 1897 by Kaiser Wilhelm II to honour his grandfather’s (Kaiser Wilhelm I) 100th anniversary of his birth (1797-1897). Germany’s first Kaiser lived from 1797 until 1888.

I think these medal bars do look impressive
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Medal Bars  

Hi Andreas and Guten Abend. Once again, thank you very very much for taking the time to identify the Imperial German and European medals that I have placed on view. I have made the necessary amendments to the descriptions and would like you to know how gratefull I am to you for all your assistance to date. Greatly appreciated!!! If I can return the compliment in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.
    With thanks, regards and very best wishes Michael.

Hi John, Thank you for your message and photo. Can you please drop me a private line and let me know what you are looking for either in cash or trade or a mix of both please??
    Cheers Michael R

Hi All, Found a few more to show. Hope that they are of interest.
    Cheers Michael R

German Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal Bars

Group 1 Iron Cross 2nd Class TR
    Army Long Service Medal 4 Years TR
    Sudeten Medal TR
    Spanish Civil War 1936−1939 Campaign Medal (Germany Condor Legion & Italian Corpo Truppe Volontarie. Spain/TR.

Group 2 Cross of Merit for War Aid 1916 Prussia
    War Merit Cross without Swords 2nd Class TR

Group 3 1914/1918 Honour Cross without Swords TR
    Cross of Merit for War Aid 1916 Prussia

Group 4 Friedrich Augustus (War) Medal 1905 Saxony

Group 5 Order of the Silesian Eagle Prussia
    Army Long Service Medal 12 Years TR
    Army Long Service Medal 4 Years TR

Group 6 1870/1871 Combatants War Medal Prussia
    Kaiser Wilhelm 1 Centenary Medal 1897 Prussia

Group 7 State Veterans Association Cross of Honor 2nd Class Prussia
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 10-10-2013 at 05:54 PM.

The fourth medal in Group 1 is the Medalla de la Campaña Española 1936-1939 [Medal for the Campaign of 1936−1939], i.e. the Spanish medal for the Falangist Forces in the Spanish Civil war; also awarded to personnel of the German Legion Condor and the Italian Corpo Truppe Volontarie.

Although it depicts the famous Kyffhäuser memorial, the single medal of Group 7 is not from the Kyffhäuserbund, but from the Preußischer Landeskriegerverband [Prussian State Veterans' Association]: It is the Kriegervereins-Ehrenkreuz II. Klasse [Veterans Associations' Cross of Honor 2nd Class].

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast