Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

German Medal Bars

Article about: Hi all, As a matter of interest, I have decided to show some german medal bars which I hope you will find of interest. Please feel free to pass comment on the bars and where I am looking for

Thank you once again Andreas for your message and identification knowledge and help. I have now more or less run out of medal bars so I intend to show some individual cased medals and one again, i hope that your knowledge will be forthcoming??
    Thank you once again
    Best wishes Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medal Bars
    P
    Many

Hi, A while since this thread saw any action! I recently aquired this medal bar which I beleive to be Imperial German and to have carried three medals. Unfortunately, as I am moving house, all my reference books are packed and I would like to identify exactly what the bar is. Can you help please?
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

German Medal Bars

Hi, Another recent aquisition.

The pair of medals are:

1. Military 15 Years Long Service Medal. Prussia.
    2. Kaiser Wilhelm 1 Centenary Medal 1897. Prussia.

German Medal Bars

Hi, I must confessto knowing little or nothing about Austrian medals. And this one fits the afore mentioned criterion. I purchased it in Plymouth UK about 20 odd years ago and am still none the wiser!! ID would be appreciated. Cheers MR

German Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal Bars

The wording in the last photo is on the underside of the case and is indistinct. The medal is quite plain but the case is very nice quality.

Hi Again, Another Austrian medal with its case. A more attractve medal/cross but with a particularly attractive case. Personnaly, I think that this is the most attractive case in my collection. I hope that you like it too. Cheers MR

German Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal BarsGerman Medal Bars

Hi All, The last of the cased Austrian medals to view. Cheers MR

German Medal BarsGerman Medal Bars

[QUOTE=Michael Ryan;1182725]Hi All, The last of the cased Austrian medals to view. Cheers MR

Is curious to me, I really have never understood as people like Michael Ryan, which, I assume is an Englishman, I do not understand how people in England or North America who like collecting Nazi medals, since, as is well known, their countries were responsible for destroy them and now they admire them? I do not understand ... anyway

?

[QUOTE=jarmijo78;1205610]
    Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi All, The last of the cased Austrian medals to view. Cheers MR

Is curious to me, I really have never understood as people like Michael Ryan, which, I assume is an Englishman, I do not understand how people in England or North America who like collecting Nazi medals, since, as is well known, their countries were responsible for destroy them and now they admire them? I do not understand ... anyway
    Hello,
    As someone from America I can tell you that a lot of German and Japanese stuff was brought back from the war. Yes, stuff was destroyed but a ton was carried back by US servicemen and women. That is how I got to collecting militaria, it all started with items given to me by my relatives (vet bring backs).

For the record, I enjoy collecting Imperial and 3rd Reich items, but I do not personally admire the stuff. I look at it as stuff that comes from a long ago defeated enemy. I keep most of my collection locked up in safety deposit boxes, and will not display items such as Nazi flags, etc.

Regards,
    Jody

okay, I get the spoils of war, I know mainly the United States are devoted to this at the time of post-war, but I do not understand is not that, but as there are collectors, not dealers, collectors of Nazi antique I would see it as a betrayal of my country to collect this, if I were English, Russian or American, dont know, so I see it, but respect, greetings

For example, I'm Argentine and although my country remained neutral in World War II, it is known that the government of Juan Domingo Peron was in favor of the Axis powers, it is no coincidence that ODESSA was formed in Argentina, but being English, American, Russian or Canadian not understand how "collect" it, I never would, I would feel that I am betraying my country.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast