Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Article about: Hi Gents,,,I could not pass this up as on Thursdays I fill up at a gas station across the street from a goodwill store and some of the large items they put outside so its easy to see driving

Default Re: Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Great display, Larry! Looks awesome! Not to go off subject but is that a railroad lantern?

Luke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!
    P
    Many

?

Very nice.

Fantastic Larry! I saw this thread when you got the cabinet, and it looks really great. I like the use of mirrors, it doubles your collection, I might have to use that idea

PS: Is there a thread anywhere on the SS blackie over in the corner? I would love to see that thing up close

Yes Luke it is Pennsylvania RR marked beneath. My grandfather gave that to me when I was young and its in great condition. Thanks for asking. The glass globe is marked also with some unidentifiable logo on it. It has just a bare hint of kerosene smell to it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Kradspam yes there is a thread somewhere on here but I forget how it was titled. But it was deemed Norweigen,, but has the Q64 marking on it. I was told also that the liner did not belong to it. Here is the link to that thread............https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...fen-ss-206856/
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-15-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That little SS coffin is an interesting way to display your dagger mate, I've never seen anything like that before!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Kradspam yes there is a thread somewhere on here but I forget how it was titled. But it was deemed Norweigen,, but has the Q64 marking on it. I was told also that the liner did not belong to it. I will try to find the thread. and i will post the link here when i find it.
    Ah I see, original German but reissued after the war to Norway. They come up from time to time. Well at range she looks good with HH over there anyway. Looks like a great room to relax in

The third dagger from the left needs to be moved right about a 1/2 inch, the 5th dagger from the right needs to be moved left about a 1/4 inch, after that it will be perfect!
    of course Im just kidding, it looks great!!!!!!

I can't see it very clear but it does look like it's in nice shape. Did your grandfather work for PRR? My great grandfather worked for them. I worked on the railroad too. I've always liked those old RR lanterns and I have two. A NKP and a PRR. My PRR lantern is marked on the top of the lantern and on the globe. If this was a different Forum I would ask for more pictures of it. Ok...I'm way off subject so I'll stop now.

Luke

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    That little SS coffin is an interesting way to display your dagger mate, I've never seen anything like that before!
    I put a sinister twist on that particular dagger as the history of it is dark...noticeable to left of the coffin what is normally seen in funeral homes are usually a portrait of the deceased..in this instance,,,I used a period cap eagle and skull to match the 1934 RZM maker of the dagger..to give its own portrait of identity of the deceased....kind of twisted.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    The third dagger from the left needs to be moved right about a 1/2 inch, the 5th dagger from the right needs to be moved left about a 1/4 inch, after that it will be perfect!
    of course Im just kidding, it looks great!!!!!!
    Max no doubt you are absolutely correct it will be moved from time to time.

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    I can't see it very clear but it does look like it's in nice shape. Did your grandfather work for PRR? My great grandfather worked for them. I worked on the railroad too. I've always liked those old RR lanterns and I have two. A NKP and a PRR. My PRR lantern is marked on the top of the lantern and on the globe. If this was a different Forum I would ask for more pictures of it. Ok...I'm way off subject so I'll stop now.

Luke
    No problem Luke,, but what I will do is take some shots of the lantern and post it on the "Other Hobbies thread" in the discussion forum. I will alert you when I do.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast