Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Great Uncle's items

Article about: These belonged to my Great Uncle . He was a Lieutenant, and completed 35 missions over France and Germany. He flew in a B-17 flying fortress. Enemy flak took out his oxygen system and the br

Default Great Uncle's items

These belonged to my Great Uncle . He was a Lieutenant, and completed 35 missions over France and Germany. He flew in a B-17 flying fortress. Enemy flak took out his oxygen system and the brakes, but he flew the plane 500 miles to saftey. My Grandfather found these items in the attic. These have not been touched since 1946. I wish I knew him. He died on U.S. soil, due to an air accident. If anyone knows what the "mini flag" is, please tell me. That is the only thing I do not know. Thanks guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great Uncle's items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great Uncle's items
    P
    Many

Default Re: Great Uncle's items

Very nice set of memorabilia, and a great history.
    I especially like the pocket knives..........!

Looks like the Air Medal may have a few clusters on it.
    Do the small 2" wings read: 'Balfour Sterling' ?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

nice collection, I dont know what the cloth with stripes is,maybe a item from the officers club.

At Walkwolf, yes it does. I won't be able to read your comments for a while. I have to go to school. I will reply to you back soon. Thanks.

Very nice items with family history you cant put a price to.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice stuff.. it kills me when people on Antiques roadshow or Pawn Stars, sell their grandparents stuff for a quick buck and then spend the money on cheeseburgers and poker.. Good to know there's young men like yourself who go to school and still appreciate the past.. cheers

Thanks guys. At Mapuche, other than my close friend, i'm the only person in my school that cares about their past. It is really sad, like you said, when people sell their parents items, and then they say, well at least i'll have a nice time playing poker tonight.