Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

greek militaria from the second world war

Article about: During the civil war the greek army wore batledress uniforms constructed in Canada Australia or England,these were worn by all ranks, some officers who were commisioned prior to ww2 continue

Default Re: greek militaria from the second world war

a few more as i promised
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture greek militaria from the second world war  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement greek militaria from the second world war
    P
    Many

giorgos p the greeks dont have a reason to put an acceptance marking on a garment that allready inpected by the british army under much higher standards of quality than the poor greek army of the 30s/40s...anyway...lets take it as a possibility...if you show us a picture of the stamp i think i can tell if its original or not...as on the buttons on your example keep in mind that the greek buttons were painted a very distinctive purple/dark brown colour....yours look black to me or its just the light on your picture...???

sorry giorgos p...i dont wanna rain on your parade but am afraid that your example is a typical british army WWI service tunic of WWI or WWII era manufacture faked to a greek one by the adition of greek style buttons in the wrong colour...i hope you did'nt put alot of money on this tunic because if you did you better ask the seller if he wanna take it and give you the money back...

Quote by AFRIKAKARPS View Post
    giorgos p the greeks dont have a reason to put an acceptance marking on a garment that allready inpected by the british army under much higher standards of quality than the poor greek army of the 30s/40s...anyway...lets take it as a possibility...if you show us a picture of the stamp i think i can tell if its original or not...as on the buttons on your example keep in mind that the greek buttons were painted a very distinctive purple/dark brown colour....yours look black to me or its just the light on your picture...???
    you misunderstood me the stamp is of the british war department not greek and yes the buttons are black and you will have to wait for a photo of the stamp for a couple of weeks because i study in another city from which my collection is located
    Last edited by giorgos p; 09-11-2012 at 04:47 PM.

sorry giorgos p...i dont wanna rain on your parade but am afraid that your example is a typical british army WWI service tunic of WWI or WWII era manufacture faked to a greek one by the adition of greek style buttons in the wrong colour...i hope you did'nt put alot of money on this tunic because if you did you better ask the seller if he wanna take it and give you the money back...
    the greek army used both brown and black buttons on this type of uniform these kind of differnces were common in the greek army as you may know the first greek army corp used dark green paint on the helmets instead of the typical brown used by other army corps.

here is another example of british supplied uniform with brown buttons
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture greek militaria from the second world war  

british tunics are having 2 pleats/cuts on the back skirt..one on the left and one on the right side seams... the greek ones only one central down the middle of the rear...another give away is that the greek tunics dont have those front upper chest patch reenforcements...as on the last picture u posted with the greek soldier the tunic looks all greek to me...why do ya think its British if its not in your collection??? or it is..???

british tunics are having 2 pleats/cuts on the back skirt..one on the left and one on the right side seams... the greek ones only one central down the middle of the rear...another give away is that the greek tunics dont have those front upper chest patch reenforcements...as on the last picture u posted with the greek soldier the tunic looks all greek to me...why do ya think its British if its not in your collection??? or it is..???
    it's not in my collection but i saw the interior stamp and it was british wd stamp but i can't find the photo right now

oh...ok

It has been a while since i last posted below is a greek lieutenants greatcoat unfortunately missing its corps insignia.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast