Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Growing US 8th Air Force display.

Article about: Hi all, just thought I would post a couple of pictures of my growing 8th Air Force shelf! The picture is an original period print of a crew from the 327th squadron of the 92nd bomber group.

Default Growing US 8th Air Force display.

Hi all, just thought I would post a couple of pictures of my growing 8th Air Force shelf! The picture is an original period print of a crew from the 327th squadron of the 92nd bomber group. This little "lot" belonged to the co-pilot Lt. Peters, and the crew are all named on the reverse. Sadly many of these brave young men were killed when their B-17 was brought down on a raid due to a mid-air collision. Fortunately for our co-pilot and the two waist gunners in the picture, they were not on board at the time having been injured in a previous raid! Also Peters training manual (filled in by him) and a pay card with his name rank and number are here.
    The crusher and HS-33 head set I already owned and just put them all together. Just need to get a nice 8th Air Force shoulder patch, some wings and the elastic straps for my throat mic that AZPhil kindly donated to me to complete the look. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Growing US 8th Air Force display.   Growing US 8th Air Force display.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Growing US 8th Air Force display.
    P
    Many

Very nice! Which one is Lt. Peters in the photo?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Very nice! Which one is Lt. Peters in the photo?
    Hi William, Peters is third from the left (top row). Leon.

?

Very nice! A great display that you have there. I have some 9th Air Force items but can't ever seem to find anything from the 8th. Well done and nicely photographed. Thank you for the post.

CMH