Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

helmet displays an update

Article about: just a small update to the room as it looks from today ,i chop and change my mind all the time as youve probably noticed but im trying to get the right look and for now im quite happy with i

Default helmet displays an update

just a small update to the room as it looks from today ,i chop and change my mind all the time as youve probably noticed but im trying to get the right look and for now im quite happy with it ,i still have more shelving to complete and hope to redesign the iraqi section soon to fit in with the other newer shelving also i have a pile of helmets to put into the display as and when complete plus all my soft headgear etc ,there's just not enough hours in the day please ignore any other bits of uncompleted work you might see ie the carpet etc helmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an updatehelmet displays an update
    Last edited by James C; 05-23-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet displays an update
    P
    Many

?

Outstanding James, really impressive shelving display, I do not wish to sound sycophantic but the design which seems to curve around the loft space is genius, I only wish I could find the time and resources to recreate that look.
    If there was a way to display the time frame of 20th and 21st century helmets then I think you achieved it, Hat's off to you Buddy, all your recent efforts have paid off handsomely

Great display and amazing collection !

Looking great as always James. I might have one of those Adrian lids with the brass plaque coming in soon. What do they go for? I've not seen many around.

?

I don't think there are any helmets left for the rest of us?? lol.. A very good collection James..I really like the UAE choco chip helmet lol.. Only joking I like them all.. thanks for posting .. Cheers Terry.

Fantastic display James , I especially like that M1 with the "chocolate chip" cover , icannot say I have ever seen one of those in hand! Leon.

Cracking display James it does you proud!....

?

I really like the cloth headgear, Another fine display James. I would be in there for an hour at least just trying to decide what lid to examine first lol. Do I see a British dispatch riders helmet in between the two turtle lids? I am not sure if it is not. I am thinking of getting one from SOF in the next week or two, they have unissued originals. Cheers, Sean.

thank you opex ,hearing this from a fellow lid collector means alot ,it would be great if one day you could convert your loft too ,i could always visit for a busman's holiday to sort yours out thanks also george andy the m15 adrian ive had for a wee while so i imagine prices have crept up a good deal since ,i think i paid around 60 quid inc postage at the time ,thanks tez the uae m1 was a real great addition and im sure you might recognise a few more in there too mate ,but im keeping good care of them thank you leon the chocy chip is very much in the same as the us pattern from the first persian gulf war and is one of my favorite camo patterns thanks for the nice compliments paul im still taking good care of the mpi mate and thanks sean the cloth headgear is mostly postwar west/east german but i really need to sort it out pronto as its just not good stacking them in this random way ,as for the british helmet its very similar to the ww2 despatch riders as in the same profile shell but not a mk1 a mk11 shell but modernised to accept the mk3 lift the dot liner for armoured corps its probably hard to see but it has a very worn out dpm cover fitted most likely a jacket hood ,ive never had the heart to dismantle it in case of permanently breaking it the liner is dated 1952
    Regards James

?

You are welcome James, I can see what you used that Isaf patch for now too,

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast