Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Shelf

Article about: That's really clever! I think you just saved me some DIY woodwork! Nitram

?

Default Helmet Shelf

Here's how I store/display my current collection, turning the top of by wardrobe into a shelf space. My M51 was being resprayed when I took the photo, so it's not pictured.

Helmet Shelf

I'm thinking of making some wooden stands to leave the helmets on. Maybe someone more experienced with storing helmets can advise for/against this?

Comments & advice appreciated.

Nitram

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Shelf
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet Shelf

I bought some shelving from a hardware store, cheap and easy to put together......helmets need a home of their own!!!!

Hi Nitram,
    this is how i display my helmets on shelves, and the stick grenades i made in resin
    they make good stands.
    hope this helps.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Shelf   Helmet Shelf  

?

I intend to move many of my books to the spare bedroom so I'll have some free shelves similar to Dave's, to give the helmets a more presentable display space.

The resin grenades are ingenious! Does it make a difference to the helmet's liners if the helmet is stored supported on the liner or stored as I have them now?

Nitram

This picture is a little outdated, but it seems you and I had the same idea. My collection is also atop my dresser.

The use of stands really clears up room under the helmets for additional display space... although I feel my stands are too tall! I just need another shelf or something... I have around 10 helmets on my desk that need a home!

Helmet Shelf

Amazing displays guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nitram,
    No the helmets seem to be ok on them, i havent had any problems with the liners, but what i used to do is undo the liner lace and put the stand directly onto the metal of the helmet as i wasnt sure if it would do any damage. i made a mould and then used resin to make the stands and painted them. As said it gives more room around the helmet for displays.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Shelf   Helmet Shelf  

Helmet Shelf  

Hi giz,
    Nice collection mate, i would like to get hold of a Japanese one like you have, thanks for showing them.
    dave.

Love the helmet displays. I need to learn how to do resin molding, as I really like the grenade theme as helmet stand, and even the repro grenades are a little too expensive to use for this purpose.

I use old wooden paper towel dispensers I find at thrift stores
    for a buck or two. Resting on a shelf is also just as good
    - they present themselves just fine.
    You may want to have two rows though, so the back
    row should be elevated on stands..........

Helmet Shelf  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 03-01-2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast