Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hinter Stacheldraht

Article about: Hi all, It's a very nice forum here, I've never been an active member, but I must admit this forum is one of the best! So I thought it was time to show a bit of my own collection. I'm 19 yea

Default Hinter Stacheldraht

Hi all,
    It's a very nice forum here, I've never been an active member, but I must admit this forum is one of the best!
    So I thought it was time to show a bit of my own collection. I'm 19 years old, Dutch and my main goal is kriegsgefangenen (stalag/oflag) and concentration camp related items. The rest of my collection consists of Canadian, British and Commonwealth, German, Dutch pre 1940, Dutch collaboration and pretty much everything else I like.

Pill box and doctors receipt from the Dutch camp "Polizeiliches Judendurchgangslager Westerbork":

Personalkarte for Polish forced labourer:

I hope you'll like it!
    More to come later!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hinter Stacheldraht
    P
    Many

?

Interesting collection. It will be good to see your other items.

Interesting..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Grouping from a Bomb-aimer, JWS Blakey, in Stalag Luft III (yes.., the one from the great escape) I know he also was in Stalag 357 Fallingbostel.
    This was his bomber; ROYAL AIR FORCE 1939-1945 BOMBER COMMAND (CH 9138) Picture made the day before it crashed.

A stamping card from the Austrian transit camp Durchgangslager Strasshof. This Dulag existed from mid 1944 untill april 1945, and was used for Hungarian Jews. In Octobre 1944 a lot of Jews (numbers are not clear, 20 000 -35 000) had to walk the 200 kilometers from Budapest to the camp. Many died as a result of the bad weather, no good clothing and disease (no medical supplies). A lot were forced to work in the area of Wien. People were also transported to Auschwitz and Mauthausen..

Looks like you have some pretty good stuff! timothy

Thanks!
    Letter from a Polish prisoner, KZ Auschwitz:

Well done and thanks for showing! I'd like to add that the paper next to the pillbox isn't a receipt, it's an unused Medical Prescription Form from the camp doctor's office...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn!
    Yes, medical prescription form is the right translation, in Dutch it's recept and in German Rezept, so that must have confused me! Thanks for correcting!

Drawing, made by a prisoner while in the SD prison in Scheveningen (nicknamed the Oranje hotel, because of all the "good people" and resistance men imprisoned)
    Hinter StacheldrahtHinter Stacheldraht