Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How about this for a WW2 collection???

Article about: I would like to share with you this video i found! Just relax and enjoy the 6.000+ items in his collection! Does anyone know more about him?? World War 2 - Saving the Reality (Documentary Fi

Default Re: How about this for a WW2 collection???

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Was everything authentic, Jake?

I watched the documentary posted and there were a few things that I thought were questionable. Off the top of my head, the USMC mannequin looked to be wearing an M1 helmet that had steel clips that attached the chinstrap to the bales... I don't think that feature was introduced until post Korea/ Vienam War.
    I'm no expert by any means with American militaria, but from what I saw the 3rd Reich items were at least authentic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How about this for a WW2 collection???
    P
    Many

I liked a lot of what I saw as well. However, I'd like to see the Jewish armband in hand before passing judgment. They are easily faked, and faked by the masses. It does match a correct example though. I just didn't like the material and wear. I have to say though, the stories of the vets touched me just as much as any item within his collection would. Amazing video IMO, A+.

If I had a fraction of this guys stuff I could die happy

Very Cool, Thanks for posting

Here is an article from a few years ago in the local paper about the museum. I remember reading about it back then and being amazed. That was before I started collecting myself.

Veil lifts on a trove of WWII treasures - The Boston Globe

?

great video, Excellent!

?

Yes, truly an amazing collection. There's a similar collection at WW2 Collection, History - World War II - 1939-1945 - WW2 German Military Collectables ...and this guy is selling his stuff too! You should see his SS camo and uniform collection.
    Dean.

--Update--
    Here's some images..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How about this for a WW2 collection???   How about this for a WW2 collection???  

How about this for a WW2 collection???   How about this for a WW2 collection???  

How about this for a WW2 collection???  
    Last edited by Dean; 05-30-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2