MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you keep your uniforms safe from moths???

Article about: Well, I've heard spiders can do some damage to cloth items. I dont think they "eat" through it tho. I've noticed flys can leave some nasty stains on items.

Default How do you keep your uniforms safe from moths???

hello all

I would like to ask the forum members for help!!!

How do you keep your uniforms safe from the dreaded moths? I keep mine in plastic type suit dust covers with plenty of moth balls, cedar wood balls and a moth repellent hangar in a cupboard. I have recently noticed some moths around the cupboard and its really made me panic about my prize possessions. I was just wondering if the forum members have any better suggestions about keeping the moths away and for storage of uniforms? I had thought about those storage bags that you make airtight by sucking the air out.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you keep your uniforms safe from moths???
    P
    Many

Default Re: How do you keep your uniforms safe from moths???

Hi Jamie, you are honestly doing everything possible. Keeping windows closed etc and regular inspections is all you can do..

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello

We have bloody cloth moth I'n our house they die down I'n the winter they've destroyed lots of my clothes and my collection they are a righ pain I tried moth balls ect but it did not work so I heard candles I'n the bottom of your worrying worked I tryed it and it did work ! Did nit get rid of them just repeled them !

Kind regards

Alex

Hello guys, i just have a nylon dust cover, over each tunic and a moth repellant lavender product inside the nylon. It is also very important to have your uniforms in a tidy clean room. If you keep them in warehouses or in the basement, attic, cellar etc were boxes and dusty forgotten stuff are stored there, then moths will be attracted and will be always coming.
    Attached Images Attached Images How do you keep your uniforms safe from moths??? 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

G'day all,
    Clove oil can help. You can buy it from chemists, they sell it in small bottles for toothache but if you sprinkle it on some small pieces of cloth and place them around your collection out of sight it will help to repel moths and silverfish and it smells quite pleasant.

best bet is like what ade said and check once a week or every 3 days and constanly dust the room they are stored in as dust also attracts spiders which arre just as bad
    tom

what I find that works best around where I live is to buy a suit bag that breathes and have your moth balls with it. Check on it weekly or so. My house is locked down like Leavenworth from insects/spiders and tics

thanks for the comments

?

Do spiders or silverfish also chew on fabric ? I don't get too many moths but i see plenty of the others in the house. I keep my cloth headgear high & dry but i like them on display so they are not covered.

Silverfish like silk and cotton and glue. So they are potentially bad for clothing and paper. It helps to have clothing hung on a rod away from walls. I keep my items in a locked closet away from everything else. I'm adding bug traps to the shelves and joists. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast