Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Humble Riker Mount...Some Display Ideas

Article about: Hi all, When a lot of collectors think of Riker mounts, they tend to envision their purpose as being limited to protecting a mix match of small items to keep them from walking away from deal

Lightbulb The Humble Riker Mount...Some Display Ideas

Hi all,

When a lot of collectors think of Riker mounts, they tend to envision their purpose as being limited to protecting a mix match of small items to keep them from walking away from dealers tables at shows.

However, with a few scraps of material and a little imagination, they can easily be transformed into very elegant displays which do not detract from the items you are displaying, and it is also very cost effective. I have gotten a lot of use from old wool Army blankets that were moth-eaten , and from pieces of ribbon from the local craft shop. Additionally, they are very easy to rearrange or add to without much effort. Here are a few that I put together a few years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Humble Riker Mount...Some Display Ideas  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Humble Riker Mount...Some Display Ideas
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Humble Riker Mount...Some Display Ideas

Another...I was able to achieve the effect seen here by using a sharp knife (or scissors) and a little patience. Simply choose the backing, and cut corresponding areas out of the material and the dense batting that comes with the Riker.

Here is a simple grouping found on e-bay years ago for almost nothing. All of the items were in a shoe box since the end of the war. Note how nicely the VM box and the Verdun medal boxes fit. They are not compressed or damaged in any way using the described method (provided that the boxes are not thicker than the closed display).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Humble Riker Mount...Some Display Ideas  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I really like the way this one displayed. A KIA Heart to a Helicopter Pilot in Vietnam.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Another...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last one. This was my favorite. The medals were awarded to a Stalag 17B POW...the same Stalag featured in the movie of the same name.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very nice, and inspiring! Love your work and ideas.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

You say Riker Mount, is that what the style of display is called? I'm new to this, forgive my ignorance...

Quote by Reich Dog Walker View Post
    You say Riker Mount, is that what the style of display is called? I'm new to this, forgive my ignorance...
    That is the trade name for them.

Here in the UK they are also called "J Mounts".

Hi Steve, thanks for the ideas.

I hate to see them used with just the white batting material.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade!

Well done, Steve.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast