Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I exist ! a few of my items.

Article about: Hi, i thought it was time i learnt to upload photo's, and show some of my collection, i shall (slowly) add pics over the next few weeks (or years), i collect Imperial German 1870-1918, &

Default I exist ! a few of my items.

Hi, i thought it was time i learnt to upload photo's, and show some of my collection, i shall (slowly) add pics over the next few weeks (or years), i collect Imperial German 1870-1918, & tend to live an edwardian lifestyle, indeed ive only just got used to the funny 'clicky thing' on the wall that makes the lights go on !....i much prefer parrafin & a wick !, only joking. Well i got my lad to take some photo's & play around with photoworkshop, hope you like what you see. first up one of my Dunkelblau or Bunter rock tunics, this one is a doeskin wool private purchase tunic of 'Kanonier Kanngiesser,(has owners name tag sewn in), 6th Fahr Batt. Batt 2. Feld Artill Regt Nr 22' or in plain english 2nd Westphalian Field Artillery Regiment number 22. It is lined in black and contains a tailors label for 'B. Jeckelmann. Munster. i/w' it is in great condition and untouched, it was featured in Johan Somers excellent book 'Imperial German Field Uniforms & Equipment' Volume 2. also included is my M15 Artillery Kugelhelm. Lets see if this lot uploads.
    Cheerio for now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I exist ! a few of my items.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I exist ! a few of my items.
    P
    Many

Default Re: I exist ! a few of my items.

hi,
    superb jacket and the colour in great to, I dont know many collectors of imperial german items but they make graet displays.
    your pickelhaube artillery helmet is in very good condition, what year is the issue? I have a 1905 issue in my colletcion,
    I look forward to seeing more of the collection in time, Thanks.
    Dave.

Hi Dave, mine is stamped up '1915' it is maker marked but i cant make it out, as with most of these war time versions it is quite dirty inside

Hi,
    I have the spike version of the pickelhaube, Prussian, like yours
    but would like an artillery one, dont see many of those around though. I think all miliatry collections should have one it makes
    a change from the norm, of german helmet ww2.

Dave.

Another item, my Reichsrevolver & holster, it is an 1883 officers model, hexagonal & round barrel, six shot single action, 10.6mm caliber (Obsolete,so no licence required !), Bavarian contract proofed 'GF' made by the Suhl consortium ( oval stamped' V.C.S. C.G.H. SUHL) in 1891. It is unit marked on the grip strap 'B.7.A.5.47', 7th Bavarian Field Artillery Regiment (7.Feldartillerie-Regiment Prinz-Regent Luitpold.) , 5th Battery, 47th weapon. I was fortunate to obtain a model 1881 holster, maker marked 'Julius Jansen, Strassburg', superbly marked on inside of flap to 'FdA.R.83. 5B ' i.e. 3rd Rheinisches Field Artillery regiment number 83, 5th Battery. its a pity it doesnt match the pistol unit, but they are rare to obtain so to get a matched pair is special indeed. You can tell my lads buggered off out, the photo is crap compared to his, but im getting carried away now ! til next time....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I exist ! a few of my items.  

Very nice, I am loocking forward on your other items.
    I do like the Edwardian periode as well, it was the main part of my primary collection.

?

Hi Oradour , congrat`s on getting the pic`s on !! that`s a cracking looking tunic , and published as well , nice . Is that a gunnery award draped from the right shoulder and is it original to the tunic ? I`ve wanted a picklehaube for the collection for years , but when you have kid`s that`s where the pennies go

cheers Al

Al,
    it is indeed a 'shutzenabzeichen' 1st class, the lowest ! (there were 10 grades), with one grenade (i know it looks like a shell !), identifying it as an artillery award, it is not original to the tunic, it is merely placed for effect, as soon as i had posted the thread i realised i had not explained the shooting award, its an age thing !

?

Beautiful tunic. Great kuglehelm. Artillery helmets have always been my favorites. The number of men in the artillery units were far less than regular infantry, there fore the difficulty in finding a good one.
    That pistol is really nice especially with the holster.
    You have some great Imperial items. Anxious to see some more of your colection.
    Steve

More items, i am fortunate to have a room to display my collection & a very understanding
    wife (my 3rd, buts thats a very long story!), just a view into part of the room showing 6 of my pickelhaubes on the bookshelf. Top row, Infantry Officers, M1895 Guards with trichter/plume, M1915 Cuirassiers. Bottom row, M1915 Saxon pickelhaube, M1915 Kugelhelm, & last M1915 Infantry pickelhaube.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast