Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An idea for displaying large banners

Article about: Hi all, I thought that I would share the method I use to display large banners. I have always liked the large examples, but did not like having to fold them up. If you have a free wall, this

Default An idea for displaying large banners

Hi all,

I thought that I would share the method I use to display large banners. I have always liked the large examples, but did not like having to fold them up. If you have a free wall, this might be a good option for you. The banner shown is just short of 24 ft. in length, and is just under 6 ft. wide.

The cost of materials is very minimal, in fact it was less than $10.00. All you need is some cheap curtain rods (2 for this size) with adjustable tube fixtures instead of the flat ones. These usually come as a complete set (with brackets and finial), and the installation required only about 10 minutes. Please excuse the unattractive appearance of the walls and floor, I am in the middle of a total remodel.

First, a shot of the top half. The curtain rod can be seen at the top; I mounted it as close as I could get it to the top of the ceiling.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An idea for displaying large banners  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An idea for displaying large banners
    P
    Many

Default Re: An idea for displaying large banners

Lower half.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An idea for displaying large banners  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Lower rod fixture.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

A close shot of the lower rod...drape down, then up and over the front...simple.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Adjusting the length is fairly easy. Hang the first (top) rod and mount the banner, then fold the banner back up about half the length and see where the finished result will hang in relation to the floor. The measurement of the second (lower) rod isn't critical, it is more a labor of aesthetics - just make sure that it doesn't drag on the floor.

If you have a larger banner, you can use the same method, only using three instead of two rods. Whether you use two or three rods, drape the banner in the "over and under" method. Just drape the banner down, then back up over the second rod and adjust. Same method for three rods, just start at the middle one first to adjust length, then the lower one last. You could get away with displaying a banner in the 30 ft. range within 8 ft. of wall height if you use three rods. Of course if you have 10 or 12 ft. ceilings, you have more to work with.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Hi Steve it looks great I wish I had 6 ft of free wall space in my man cave . Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Hi Steve it looks great I wish I had 6 ft of free wall space in my man cave . Gary
    Hi Gary,

I am pretty fortunate as I have a room of my own that measures about 10 ft. X 12 ft ( I claimed the third bedroom). so even with that space taken up, I still have ample space (especially since I purged the collection a while back). This method could also be used to serve as a backdrop for a large grouping or mannequins... Thanks for looking.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks Steve
    Rodger this one. I may follow suit, for my banner I post here recently.

René

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Thanks Steve
    Rodger this one. I may follow suit, for my banner I post here recently.

René
    René,

Actually, I had you in mind when I posted the thread...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    René,

Actually, I had you in mind when I posted the thread...
    Thank You Most Kindly Sir

Keep Good
    René

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast