Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

IJA Infantryman Display

Article about: IJA Private First Class display/representation. I have added a few more items recently. Nothing too spectacular but it goes together quite nicely I'm not really sure the hat is accurate for

MAP
    ?

Those ammo pouches are NOT cheap!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IJA Infantryman Display
    P
    Many

Many thanks to all for the uplifting comments! Appreciated

Default Closer at cap and flag

A closer look at flag and cap.

douglas2496 This one looks like it might be an officers cap to me but I cant be sure from these pictures.
    I think you may be correct here Doug. This cap is in pretty bad shape but it's quite apparent it was well made - It's lined with a silk or satin type material. I would be surprised if enlisted men wore these. Great images from the Imperial War Museum! Is the troop display in bottom right corner from WWII? The uniform is quite different from the more 'distinctive' examples. Cheers mate!

I am slowly discovering it is a bit of a lighting battle in my new display room, I will need to invest in a better lighting system or knock a few bricks out of the wall
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Infantryman Display   IJA Infantryman Display  

IJA Infantryman Display   IJA Infantryman Display  

IJA Infantryman Display   IJA Infantryman Display  

Some other examples (found online) I believe to be IJA officer's Service Caps for reference - One may be same maker?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Infantryman Display   IJA Infantryman Display  

Quote by MAP View Post
    Those ammo pouches are NOT cheap!!!
    This is true! I have often wondered why these are quite scarce and by extension valuable? I would have thought millions upon millions were manufactured! Cheers

Nice display and Japanese items! timothy

Hi Chris, your cap is indeed an officers cap. The final picture from the museum shows a japanese soldier from ww1, although all of the items shown here were being used later and this could just as easily represent a japanese soldier in China in the 1930's for example.

Well done Chris.

Steve

MAP
    ?

I only have one pouch. Mint and I think an early one. Forget but I think it is the rear pouch. It cost me quite a bit at the time and as you said, you do not come across them often.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by christek View Post
    This is true! I have often wondered why these are quite scarce and by extension valuable? I would have thought millions upon millions were manufactured! Cheers
    I think all leather Japanese stuff is scarce, most of the stuff available is vet bring back and maybe it wasn't as interesting as the flags, helmets and swords at the time and I would think the ability to send stuff home has more limited in the Pacific theater. Not being the best leather a lot of it rotted.
    I found a pair in a flea market in Japan a few years ago but at the time I was more helmet focused and didn't even ask the price....add that to the list of regrets.... I will be back there in a month and they are on my target list.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2