Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

iraqi headgear

Article about: here's my modest iraqi collection ,all headgear and from around the saddam era i have two m80's one m80/03 with the salade/net scrim and my m90 of which i was told belonged to an officer in

?

Fantastic addition to your Iraqi collection James, I would really like to see some pictures of the suspension and chinstrap fixtures,well done fella scoop of the year for your collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement iraqi headgear
    P
    Many

Nice items James i hope you dont mind me adding these to you post , these are my Sand pit bring backs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture iraqi headgear   iraqi headgear  

iraqi headgear  

hi fraser ,i dont think our paths have crossed here before but as you were the original owner id just like to say a thank you for letting it go from your collection it has gone to a good home here for sure and has to be the ultimate helmet to collect if your into iraqi headgear kradman its not a problem you posting ,ive enjoyed viewing your nice collection ,does one of your m80's have a part of the west german tarnetz clips still attached ?,thanks gary im struggling to post up pictures for some reason today but did manage this pic of a captured fed ,i can tell you the liner is very much identical to the m80/03 but in black webbing ,as for the dome number stamp i cant make head nor tail of it perhaps its in arabic ,as soon as things settle down on the forum ill try and post the liner pics your after,i know dimas has been making alterations to the forum perhaps this is the reason , cheers james iraqi headgear

Hi James
    Glad you like it, I have another complete with badge and I finally managed to buy a genuine Fedayeen jumpsuit uniform complete with original period sewn insignia,
    Cheers

here is another attempt at loading pictures ,fingers crossed ,gary here is the liner picture your after and dome number stamp what ever it reads im not sure ,as for the display I used my us desert storm mannequin display from a while back using the choc chip bdu's here is the lid now on the shelf iraqi headgeariraqi headgeariraqi headgeariraqi headgeariraqi headgear

Very nice James, and a nice Thompson behind the mannequin

hi matt and thanks the Thompson is purely a display piece, my dad scratch built it many years agoiraqi headgear

He did a very good job it looks very nice did he make the revolving rifle aswell or is that a replica?

?

Quote by James C View Post
    here is another attempt at loading pictures ,fingers crossed ,gary here is the liner picture your after and dome number stamp what ever it reads im not sure ,as for the display I used my us desert storm mannequin display from a while back using the choc chip bdu's here is the lid now on the shelf iraqi headgeariraqi headgeariraqi headgeariraqi headgeariraqi headgear

Many thanks James, I can clearly see the suspension so this has answered my query, I was wondering if it had the removable suspension like the M-80

It is a fascinating piece , and the mystique behind the shape will be a discussion point for many years to come, after some reading on the subject it is believed that the shape was designed on an ancient Persian design..so either Saddam tapped into ancient history hence the shape...or he was a Vader fan, but then again George Lucas made Star Wars in 1977, pre-dating Saddam's influence...oh it's so confusing but great addition to your collection buddy,well done again

many thanks gary yes sorry i can confirm the liner is fully removable as it has sliders on the webbing ,the buckle is just as crude as the m80/03 i believe one of his sons ,the one that looked like the lead singer from queen was a huge starwars fan ,perhaps it was fresh in the mind after president reagan was talking about it with his space defence program ,i can only imagine this helmet was purely to intimidate as its balistic qualities are far worse than the m80 ,here's an interesting pic pulled from the web,how many times have we seen a similar scene with helmet strewn all over the place iraqi headgear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast