Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Irish vicker's helmet

Article about: Hi Pat, no I have never owned one of these, but several mates have them. All were repainted white. I first saw one in the 1970's and it made me scratch my head when I saw the makers name as

Default Re: Irish vicker's helmet

Hi Pat, no I have never owned one of these, but several mates have them. All were repainted white. I first saw one in the 1970's and it made me scratch my head when I saw the makers name as at the time I had never even heard of one before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Irish vicker's helmet
    P
    Many

I was told the Irish made those German looking helmets on purpose to tease the British??
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I was told the Irish made those German looking helmets on purpose to tease the British??
    |<
    it was made about 6-7 years since ireland got its country back (well some of it) so i would understand why they wanted to tease the british .
    cheers,
    Pat

Very nice helmet Patrick.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hello Patrick,

Does this helmet have markings in the rear skirt? It should read something like V.ltd for VICKERS LTD and a serial number like; H1234.

It appears to me your helmet is a well made example. The Vickers helmet was a low quality product. The most apparent differences with the German M16 are the fact that the Vickers sports two brackets on the front and the helmet rocks when laid on a flat surface. Your helmet does not look like that?! Besides, as far as I know, Vickers only used stepped frontal plate lugs (sizes 62-64). These seem to be the straight one, similar to the German size 66-68 lugs.

Would you have a look at your helmet and let us know?

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 11-18-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: additional info

?

no there is no markings,
    this helmet has no liner its just a shell of rust and white paint.
    I have added more photos for you.

Irish vicker's helmetIrish vicker's helmetIrish vicker's helmetIrish vicker's helmetIrish vicker's helmetIrish vicker's helmet

cheers,
    Pat

Thanks Patrick,

To my mind this is not an Irish Vickers helmet, but a German WW1 M16. Nice one none the less. Never seen one with a white coat!

Cheers,
    Emile

Looks like a 1927 vickers helm, but this one has no fixing arrangement on the front for thr irish army badge????

Here you are Pat you will have to translate using Google but you should be to see the differences what Emile was talking about. IRLANDÉS 27

Martin

?

this does look like a german helmet, but i still think its irish. I think this might be a very unique one. But is there anything else you want me to check out?

cheers,
    pat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast