Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Irish vicker's helmet

Article about: Hi Pat, no I have never owned one of these, but several mates have them. All were repainted white. I first saw one in the 1970's and it made me scratch my head when I saw the makers name as

Default Re: Irish vicker's helmet

Nice one Pat, great helmet!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Irish vicker's helmet
    P
    Many

so no lawsuit for copyright infringement back in the day. like apple vs samsung. i bet the british government payed no license following on from ww1 and reparations and all that.

?

Well that's interesting. Years ago I remember seeing German M16 and Irish Vickers helmets for sale in a market in Dublin. 'Mother Redcaps market' for those who remember that far back. Relatively inexpensive too but still out of my price range at the time. If only, if only as they say.

The Vickers were notoriously poorly made. There's a site where an ex soldier described how he drove a bayonet straight through his helmet in disgust at it's flimsy construction. This was not popular with his Sergeant needless to say.

Pat, Keep on the hunt. This is really a fun hobby, and it is great to see younger guys like you getting involved. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Hey Jim,
    I can not find anouther mark on it no. i had to use some chalk just to make out the numbers I did find.
    Helmets are a nice item to have, I cant wait for my Ikea display cabinet to arrive so i can display it in all its glory

cheers,
    pat

Hi Pat, I hadn't read the rest of the thread when I first posted, so I edited the post. I will try to pull mine out and will post it, and show the stamp. I still like your helmet, the Imperial stahlhelms are really neat!. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Pat, I hadn't read the rest of the thread when I first posted, so I edited the post. I will try to pull mine out and will post it, and show the stamp. I still like your helmet, the Imperial stahlhelms are really neat!. Cheers, Jim G.
    No worrys

great helmet pat ,are you really twelve or pulling our legs ,if you are then you are wise beyond your years ,can i ask visually what the differences are externally from the german m1916 as i cant tell regards james

?

Quote by col james View Post
    great helmet pat ,are you really twelve or pulling our legs ,if you are then you are wise beyond your years ,can i ask visually what the differences are externally from the german m1916 as i cant tell regards james
    Yes I am twelve, A bit young to be on the forum but i enjoy it
    I dont know much about the diffrences except the stamp on the inside of the helmet and what it should and shouldent be.
    Glad you like it,

cheers,
    pat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5