Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Israeli Collection

Article about: an ongoing collecting activity which I now have enough items from to start a collecting thread on. Mostly headgear as they are easier to display but also a few items of field gear. As with a

Default Israeli Collection

an ongoing collecting activity which I now have enough items from to start a collecting thread on.

Mostly headgear as they are easier to display but also a few items of field gear. As with all other uniform items, they are bulky and hard to display, though I would like to get some IDF used French Lizard camo items.....but they are pricey.

Pictures in order,

French Indo china period bush hat supplied to the Israeli's in the 1960's.
    Military Rabbinate beret 2000's
    General service corps three part woolen fabric beret 1960's
    General service corps three part cotton fabirc beret 1970's
    Para beret 1970's/80's, Nahal Brigade beret 1980's, Special Forces beret 1970's/80's
    IDF M1 clone Kasda helmet 1970 Yom Kippur war period
    IDF MKI* Magon David helmet converted from combat helmet 1940's/50's
    IDF Orlite composite helmet 1980's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli Collection   Israeli Collection  

Israeli Collection   Israeli Collection  

Last edited by Jerry B; 02-10-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Israeli Collection
    P
    Many

Good stuff there mate.

A few more items.

Thanks Paul.

Pictures in order
    IDF grenade
    Israeli Gadna youth organisation belt and canteen, formed before the independence, giving pre military training for all youth before their service.
    IDF boonie hat known as a KOVA RAFU, 1980's on
    IDF general service corps beret, early I think
    IDF beret collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli Collection   Israeli Collection  

Israeli Collection  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 02-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Commemorative medallion for the six days war, showing the iconic British para helmet used in that period and especially visible for the liberation of the area of Jerusalem under Jordanian control which included the Western (Wailing) Wall which survives from the second temple. It shows Moshe Dayan with the eye patch and Yitshak Rabin in front of the wall both wearing the para lids with nets.

Israeli Paratroops on parade with Uzi submachine guns.

Regards,

Jerry

I saw some sweetly marked small packs on EBay yesterday......I think Mr “Frankish” has them....profusely stencilled.....

Just arrived, a large section of Israeli camo net for the Mitznefet cover, enough to make two I think.

It is double sided with desert on one side and woodlands/temperate on the other.

Regards,

Jerry

Israeli gear seems to be quite scarce out there on the net, boots and trousers seem fairly common but most other items not. I had a pair of IDF red combat boots a few years ago which i used on the bike, i was pretty disappointed with them as the soles fell to bits after a few months, i've been told they have a limited shelf life.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Israeli gear seems to be quite scarce out there on the net, boots and trousers seem fairly common but most other items not. I had a pair of IDF red combat boots a few years ago which i used on the bike, i was pretty disappointed with them as the soles fell to bits after a few months, i've been told they have a limited shelf life.
    Paul,

Some items are very pricey if you can find them, especially six days war para items, the bitish para helmets and french surplus lizard pattern camo uniforms being particularly difficult to find and expensive if you can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice collection. The shape of the MK1* is really cool with the texture coming off in some areas and the paint job in general on it is nice. What cover is on the composite helmet on the bottom? I can't seem to the find it online and it looks really unique since the construction makes it look like scarps of fabric were just glued to the helmet.

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    Nice collection. The shape of the MK1* is really cool with the texture coming off in some areas and the paint job in general on it is nice. What cover is on the composite helmet on the bottom? I can't seem to the find it online and it looks really unique since the construction makes it look like scarps of fabric were just glued to the helmet.
    Thanks.

Yes, the composite does seem to have its cover made by cutting up a cloth item and glueing it to the shell, some sort of woodlands pattern fabric but not yet id's as to exactly what it came from.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast