Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Items Stolen from Collection

Article about: Always good to see a bad news story turn out good! Nice one! Given the criminal legal avenue to recompense might not have any affect with these 2 punks, maybe a civil action? Surely you must

Default Re: Items Stolen from Collection

Good news! The local police made an arrest and recovered the Army dagger and the Political daggers, as well as a handgun that was taken at the same time. The K98 bayo has disappeared. The 2 juveniles (school dropouts, high on drugs) walk past here occasionally between friends houses, and should not have known what was in here. I think we were simply a good 'target of opportunity' at 3am when they were high and bored. I know who they are now, and thanks to their Facebook pages I know their friends, too. ... One of the boys has a father who was recently released from prison, and the other is from a family full of people who don't mind helping themselves to other peoples stuff. I had become security complacent, but this was a wakeup call and I am better prepared. Additionally, everything of value is now inside a Ft. Knox safe. My loss - a nice S/N matched bayonet, a cheap M6 bayonet, and my complacency. Whew. Great work by the detectives and investigating officers. It doesn't hurt that I used to work with most of them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Items Stolen from Collection
    P
    Many

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    Good news! The local police made an arrest and recovered the Army dagger and the Political daggers, as well as a handgun that was taken at the same time. The K98 bayo has disappeared. The 2 juveniles (school dropouts, high on drugs) walk past here occasionally between friends houses, and should not have known what was in here. I think we were simply a good 'target of opportunity' at 3am when they were high and bored. I know who they are now, and thanks to their Facebook pages I know their friends, too. ... One of the boys has a father who was recently released from prison, and the other is from a family full of people who don't mind helping themselves to other peoples stuff. I had become security complacent, but this was a wakeup call and I am better prepared. Additionally, everything of value is now inside a Ft. Knox safe. My loss - a nice S/N matched bayonet, a cheap M6 bayonet, and my complacency. Whew. Great work by the detectives and investigating officers. It doesn't hurt that I used to work with most of them
    Glad to ear that, im happy for you.
    Great police work.
    Fantastic.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Nice one really pleased you got most of it back,
    cheers Ronnie

Good to hear you got that much back. You got lucky after being unlucky.
    To bad the only education those two will get out of this is that even if caught, nothing will happen to them.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Great to hear the good news! It a shame about the the bayonets but at least you got the daggers back. You ought to make those kids buy you replacements and an SS dagger to boot.

Congrats on getting the lions share of the lot back, Roger. Now take the punks to small claims court and make then reimburse for the bayonets -at suitably maxed out values, of course! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good news! I can only hope that those little skells do 5-10!

Great news! I hope the justice system over in your state is more effective than the pathetic excuse we have here in Canada, where those punks would be back out in short order doing their thing after a mild slap on the wrist. Anyway, happy again to hear that you've recovered most of what was stolen.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I'm very glad to hear you got most back. At fist when I read this thread I thought I may have see one of youe SA daggers at a local swap meet! Same maker:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Items Stolen from Collection  

congrats glad you got most of it back well done

tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast