Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Just a few junks of Tin from my collection

Article about: Thought maybe it was time to post up a few lids from my collection as I have never shown them all in one place before I do not have a lot of computer time right now as work is stupid busy so

A helmet collection to be proud of ,well done mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just a few junks of Tin from my collection
    P
    Many

?

Thanx Matt , Rene and James sorry if I sound a little bitter just find it frustrating at times and I have to remind myself that what I collect may not interest others and does not warrant a response .
    I have just noticed a real decline as of late in the Commonwealth helmet side of the forum and a real lack of answers and or replies to posts and or threads in regards to the US M-1,helmets of the world / composites.
    It seems to be more and more that forums in general have been drifting towards the Dark Side and are more attune to the Third Reich collector .
    I especially notice this phenoma with Cdn Mk II's as there are very few dedicated collectors in this area .

Regards Mark

Mark it does us all a bit of good to get these things off our chest i certainly can't argue with you as iv'e noticed the trend too ,i find most people tend to be wrapped up in there own affairs which i suppose we all tend to do from time to time but its also nice to take off the blinkers and see what else is out there to inspire us and which can make for an interesting discussion between like minded collectors ,im not the most knowledgable person when it comes to headgear but i know what i see before me and over he years have learnt the hard way and still do from time to time ,keep at it ,keep sharing ,i would like to show an update on my old helmet room but im finding it hard to find the enthusiasm ,what we have to remember with the forum is it was set up purely for relic ground dug finds and such like but has grown to become what it is today so hence the reason our little subforum sideshows dont generate as much interest as we would like, so dont take it to heart mate ,chin up and carry on james

Keep posting up your gear mate, there are a few of us here that like the Commonwealth stuff, I think its great! It's more affordable, there's plenty of it from a variety of country's and it has that personal connection to those of us from those country's.

?

Thanx gents and I do appreciate hearing that here are a few more to add to the thread

1941 Dated C.L/.C. sporting early first variation chinstrap
    French Model M-58 Tankers ( Bump Helmet )
    This Lovely French 1950's type 202 Parachute training helmet that was gifted to me by are one and only Jerry B
    1941 dated C.L./C. steel lot batch 29 it is sporting a nice minty 1942 dated VMC liner in a size 6 3/4 and a minty war time issued chin strap I have a few of these lids in my collection that have been brush over painted in a flat olive green which was one of the two colors that were approved by the Canadian Army during WW II to be used for repainting and refurbishing helmets
    Undated and un-stamped Canadian Mk II flashed to the ARP services it is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner in a size of 6 1/2
    1941 dated G.S.W. steel lot batch Z it is sporting a 1941 dated VMC liner in a size 6 3/4

Regards Mark

More junk Mark , just like my junk crap!

its nice to drool over your collection mark and i feel this is just the tip of the iceberg mate i love the net ghosting on the rimless Mk IV ,the m1 McCord is such a great example ,im a huge fan of the stannoy shelm and interesting to see its in the model 40 and not as you would expect the improved liner system ssh60 ,the shells are near identical apart from the higher rivits ,im liking the late production m1 and i wonder if it was for rapid deployment troops ,it would fit into this time frame ,your israeli defence force helmet collection is great to view ,here is a pic you might like showing the afv crewman bonedome Just a few junks of Tin from my collection
    thanks james

mark ,great collection
    Last edited by James C; 06-26-2016 at 03:25 PM.

the composite and ww2 section is in even more of a mess

?

Please feel free to post away James always glad to see the helms in yor collection.

Regards Mark

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast