Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Just a few junks of Tin from my collection

Article about: Thought maybe it was time to post up a few lids from my collection as I have never shown them all in one place before I do not have a lot of computer time right now as work is stupid busy so

thanks mark as you can tell ive got issues

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just a few junks of Tin from my collection
    P
    Many

Very nice gents, you blokes have some great looking helmets!

?

Thanx James I would say you have a bit of a helmet addiction problem there
    I know an easy fix though buy a larger house or build an addition to house more helmets now you know why I need two homes.
    And thanx Dave collecting helmets has been a blast and I have been fortunate to source some really nice hard to come by examples.
    I am currently on the hunt for an Argentinian Para helmet ETA M-44 and although they were used up into the early 80's they are extremely scarce and never come up for sale in the marketplace

Regards Mark

?

I have a bit of time before work and it has been some time since my last up date so I thought I should add a few more examples to the thread.

1966 dated Bundeswehr M1A1 LL
    Bundeswehr M-62 in a size 53/57 named to a PS Kesch
    Vietnam era US M-1 C depot retro-fitted and re-baled McCord FS FB heat stamp (215 B )
    Israeli reworked British Mk I HSAT the leather harness and liner makes this one of the oddest examples I have seen .
    Another British Mk IV the net was discussed on a different venue and is thought to be early post war and was added by me for the pupuse of display
    Canadian issued M1-C with modified type II jump liner take note how it differs from it's American cousin as there are slide buckles attached to the A-frames instead of the standard brass wire claw buckle which was found difficult to adjust and the eyelets had a tendency to tear away.
    British Army Mk II the green textured finish which has obliterated the date stamp and manufactures mark the only hint I have to the production date are the chinstrap lugs which are Mk III's and dated to 1940
    Serbian M-59/85

Regards Mark

Very nice helmets Mark thanks for updating the thread and as always I look forward to seeing more of your collection

Matt

?

Had a little spare time this morning so I thought I would take the opportunity to add a few more lids to the thread .

1# My many thanks to James C who was kind enough to help me source this UAE M-1 clone as best I can tell these date from around the time of the first Gulf War I can find very little information in regards to the country of origin but what I have been able to find suggests they were possibly used by Kuwait and or Saudi Arabia.
    2# I have been after an example of one of these Postwar reworked Canadian Mk II's for some time and they very seldom come up in the marketplace what makes it unusual is that it has been painted in a teller green over a bare metal finish it has been suggested that they were prepared for service in Korea and were never sent abroad.
    3# Post war reworked Canadian Mk II the over paint makes it impossible to make out the manufacturers mark but the flat headed chinstrap retention rivets gives the helmet body away as General Steel Wares ( G.S.W.)was the only producer to implement this type of rivet during production.
    The liner at first glance would appear to be un marked and I have yet to remove it for further inspection so very probably a post war produced example by ( V.M.C.).
    The chinstrap is of the style with the closed center strut instead of the regular Mk II style we are acustomed to seeing on Canadian Mk II helmets.
    4# Another post war reworked Canadian Mk II and as best I can tell the only visible difference from the one above is that the helmet body was produced by C.L./C. it as well would appear to be sporting a post war produced liner and the chinstrap with the closed centre strut.
    5# Mk IV I have a few turtles in my collection but the Green Hessian ,brown net and scrim made this particular helmet rather desirable to add to the shelf for the purpose of display the liner and inner furniture are marked and dated to 1977-1976 the chin strap is as well marked with the soldiers name and possibly service number but all I can make out is the name ( C RYAN ) I did find the lift the dot fastener tab rather interesting in this particular helmet and looks rather ersatz.

Regards Mark

Very nice Mark!
    Love the scrim!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Many thanks Ralph I couldn't walk away from this Mk IV I am a sucker for a nice heavy scrimmed net and this particular example speaks of heavy use.

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Many thanks Ralph I couldn't walk away from this Mk IV I am a sucker for a nice heavy scrimmed net and this particular example speaks of heavy use.

Regards Mark
    I really like it mark!
    Although I don't collect vintage Canadian, I wouldn't mind having one of these in my collection.
    Only more current as in CadPat and such.
    Thanks for posting!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Some lovely additions mark and as usual your informative descriptions are a delight to read and learn from too ,im a real fan of scrimmed Mk IV turtle's and yours really does look superb ,i see what you mean about that ltd tab ,certainly not the original reused ,what are your thoughts on the replacement ,it looks like it came from a us gas mask bag perhaps an m17 or something similar ,thanks for sharing the latest additions to your collection
    regards james

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast