Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Just a few junks of Tin from my collection

Article about: Thought maybe it was time to post up a few lids from my collection as I have never shown them all in one place before I do not have a lot of computer time right now as work is stupid busy so

?

Thanx John you are on my short list for adoption ...lmao..and Jake I have quite a few more to add to the mix just need the time to take a few pics..

Regards Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just a few junks of Tin from my collection
    P
    Many

I'm so glad i revisited this thread i've missed so many steel pots Luv the GSG9 and Tap 56,awesome examples Mark.

?

Had a bit of time to drag my camera out and take a few pictures last night ..
    I was Pretty pleased to be able to add one of these South African Model 1987 to my collection last month as seen on the internal tag these were produced by S.A.P.H.I. ( PTY ) LTD. ( South African Pith Helmet Industries Ltd. ) and were manufactured in three sizes small medium and large. This particular example is sporting a soldier 2000 camouflage cover which was developed by CSIR-Textile Technology group.
    This pattern was first field tested and introduced between 1991-1993 and seen large scale distribution to SADF troops in 1994...
    Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940 still sporting its original brown khaki finish and steel liner band the helmet is named to a AVILA 10 CABO

Regards Mark

Nice new additions Mark!!! loving the patina on the Portuguese M40!!!
    and the SADF composite is very nice!!...the Soldier 2000 patt camo cover is a favourite of mine!!... what's the Graffiti in biro..... pertaining to Snoop Dogg all about???????

?

I just assumed the soldier that used this helmet had terrible taste in music. I will have a better look and see if I can decipher what it says..

Regards Mark

On closer inspection...it seems to me...... be his nick name!!?? " Snoop dogg" ...with his real name being both above and below...but I cant make that part of it out??

?

Thought I might do a little update on the thread this morning before work as it has been a while...

British lightweight Para fibreglass smooth finished shell, with bare metal bolts
    Extremely rare Canadian experimental Barrday X90 helmet these were approx 3,625 of these produced between 1988 and 1990
    Post war Mk II HSAT it is sporting a 1956 dated liner in a size of 7 1/8 the helmet attributed 16th Parachute Brigade Heavy Drop Coy
    Belgium post war produced HSAT this particular example is dated to 1951
    1942 dated Brit Mk II which is thought to have been issued to a soldier by the name of Verstuyft whom served with the Belgium Brigade Piron it was purchase from the mans Grandson
    The new Vitrus/Cobra Batlskin helmet system as produced by Revision

Regards Mark

?

A little free time this morning before work so I thought I might update the thread...
    Canadian used 1953 Dated BMB Mk II HSAT this particular example looks to have had a long service life and as best I can tell is attributed to at least two different troopers ...
    US Hi Cut Ballistic Compo sporting a custom made hessian and scrim cover...The helmet weighs in at 1593 grams so just over 1.5 kilo's as seen in the images below the helmet band is sporting a British service/Zap number with blood typing...
    A we bit of an interesting Belgium hybrid M-71 Para helmet
    Spanish M1-A1 Para the helmet body is an American produced RS/SB which is either late war or early post war produced these are said to have come to Spain with the first Military arrangement with the US in the Mid 1950's...
    Spanish Model 65 M-1 Medic with system A type chinstrap in version C with factory light olive green, matte, IR paint ( " Infra-Red "). which is sporting the plastic chin cup and figure 8-shaped quick release hardware...
    Regards Mark

?

Been a while since I have updated the thread so I thought I might post a few more examples this morning

The Advanced Combat Helmet ( ACH ) it was produced by MSA and is in a nice large size came with a great Graffiti covered reversible Marpat cover it has that been there down that look I like so much in my helmets and will fit in rather well with my GWOT collection...
    Re-issue McCord late war F/S S/B heat stamp 893 ? which would put the production date as March or April of 1944 it is sporting a 1961 dated Capac liner and a 1963 dated cotton twill Mitchell cover...
    Argentinian M-1 Three Panel Medic the helmet body was produced by FM and the liner is as well Argentinian in origins with locally produced webbing and IMO refitted with a new chinstrap at some time in its service career it is my understanding that medic units in the Argentinian Army and or Marines much of the time were issued with for the lack of a better term second rate and or equipment of a lower quality than soldiers serving in a regular capacity....
    Canadian CG 634 in a configuration as seen by Canadian troops serving in Afghanistan

Regards Mark K

?

Been some time since I last updated this post with new examples...

Belgium M-71 Airborne Helmet
    NVA Model 56/66 Of particular interest is the camouflage overpaint similar air brush painted examples are known to have been used by Croatian Nationals battling against Serbian forces during the war in the Balkans
    Russian post war produced SSH-40 this particular helmet was manufactured in 1957 at the Tractor Factory of Stalingrad ( Stalingradskiy Traktorskiy ) and is in a small size...
    Interestingly enough it has been overpainted in a desert tan
    US Advanced Combat Helmet ( ACH ) it is sporting a Ops Core Headloc suspension system and upgraded with Team Wendy Epic padding and has been outfitted with a Norotos AKA2 HMA low profile universal shroud...
    A rather interesting British GS (General Service) Mark 7 this particular helmet bares a 2011 dated contract label..
    It has been nicely overpainted and camoed over with tan paint by spraying through a section of netting..
    It is as well sporting a Surefire HL1-C-TN side mount helmet light and has been nicely outfitted with a 6 piece comfort pad kit

Regards Mark

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast