Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KIA group with EKII and IAB

Article about: I have been offered this group for £225. New collector of german awards so seems like a nice thing to start it up. Do you think it's a decent deal? Group of two Brothers. 1 was in Infanterie

Welcome Pavelhyde, that is a fine group and a great "first purchase" for your collection. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KIA group with EKII and IAB
    P
    Many

A very nice grouping indeed !

I like the inclusion of the pressed Edelweiss!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I agree, a nice grouping!
    I also like the pressed edelweiss. Not up on the paperwork but at first glance it looks good.
    Please post the badges seperately in their respective areas. I will move this thread to the Collections and Display section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree with all mentioned so far. Very nice to have letters, paperwork, photos and medals of an individual soldier. You have two brothers! Nice find and welcome to the forum.

Agree Nice historical set. timothy

Quote by pavelhyde View Post
    also could anyone tell me what it says in the wehrpass? I am not good with them.
    Here's what the document tells us:

Erich Piszczek was born in Düsseldorf on 4th December 1914. His parents were the saddler or upholsterer* Erich Piszczek sen. and his wife Auguste Piszczek, née Kleinschmidt.

Erich Piszczek was a natural-born German citizen. He was single and of Protestant faith. Originally a machine fitter by trade, he later became a policeman.**

At 20 years of age, he volunteered for the army in August 1935, to be called up in the autumn of that year for service with the cavalry regiment stationed at Paderborn.

Erich reported for duty with the 3. Schwadron of Kavallerie-Regiment 15, based at the Neuhaus-Kaserne in Paderborn. He remained with this unit for his entire active service. After passing his medical exams on 30th October 1935, he was officially taken into the army on 1st November 1935 (with service time counting since 1st October 1935) and took his oath on 7th Nov. 1935.

1st October 1936 saw his promotion to Gefreiter. This was the rank he still held when he was discharged on 5th October 1937 after completion of his two-year service term.

(As part of the discharge formalities, he was lectured on security matters etc. by his commanding officer.)

During his service time, he was trained for a number of weapons: The Kar 98k rifle, the lMG 13 and 34 light machine guns, the P08 pistol and the cavalry sabre.

In 1938, he was called up for a military exercise with the 8. (MG) Kompanie of Infanterie-Regiment 64, during which he served as a driver for horse-drawn vehicles.

*) The German job description is ambiguous and can mean either.

**) His rank is given as Polizeiwachtmeister. The other documents tell us that he was later promoted to Polizei-Oberwachtmeister and finally Revier-Oberwachtmeister der Schupo. He had wartime service with Polizei-Regiment 28 (with which he served from an unknown date but definitely by November 1942 and up until the end of the war).
    Mr. Piszczek survived the war; spending time as a POW from 10th May 1945 through 2nd Nov. 1945. By 1980, he lived in Bonn.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-12-2014 at 05:02 PM.

A great grouping.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Here's what the document tells us:

Erich Piszczek was born in Düsseldorf on 4th December 1914. His parents were the saddler or upholsterer* Erich Piszczek sen. and his wife Auguste Piszczek, née Kleinschmidt.

Erich Piszczek was a natural-born German citizen. He was single and of Protestant faith. Originally a locksmith or fitter* by trade, he later became a policeman.**

At 20 years of age, he volunteered for the army in August 1935, to be called up in the autumn of that year for service with the cavalry regiment stationed at Paderborn.

Erich reported for duty with the 3. Schwadron of Kavallerie-Regiment 15, based at the Neuhaus-Kaserne in Paderborn. He remained with this unit for his entire active service. On 5th October 1937, he was lectured on security matters etc. by his commanding officer. After passing his medical exams on 30th October 1935, he was officially taken into the army on 1st November 1935 (with service time counting since 1st October 1935) and took his oath on 7th Nov. 1935.

1st October 1936 saw his promotion to Gefreiter. This was the rank he still held when he was discharged on 5th October 1937 after completion of his two-year service term.

During his service time, he was trained for a number of weapons: The Kar 98k rifle, the lMG 13 and 34 light machine guns, the P08 pistol and the cavalry sabre.

In 1938, he was called up for a military exercise with the 8. (MG) Kompanie of Infanterie-Regiment 64, during which he served as a driver for horse-drawn vehicles.

*) The German job descriptions are ambiguous in both cases and can mean either.

**) His rank is given as Polizeiwachtmeister. The other documents tell us that he was later promoted to Polizei-Oberwachtmeister and finally Revier-Oberwachtmeister der Schupo. He had wartime service with Polizei-Regiment 28 (with which he served from an unknown date but definitely by November 1942 and up until the end of the war).
    Mr. Piszczek survived the war; spending time as a POW from 10th May 1945 through 2nd Nov. 1945. By 1980, he lived in Bonn.

I just want to commend you, Sir! For using your time to translate these documents. From this enormous new amount of information I appreciate my first group so much more! Thank you again!

When I receive the group I will post photos of the awards. But the EKII I can not take out of the frame, the seller told me he could not do it either because it would ruin the background paper in the frame.

Quote by pavelhyde View Post
    I just want to commend you, Sir! For using your time to translate these documents. From this enormous new amount of information I appreciate my first group so much more! Thank you again!
    You're welcome. I just made two (small) adjustments to my original post, by the way.

I see that you had also inquired what the Lehr-Brief is about. It's the certificate of apprenticeship: Piszczek had undergone his apprenticeship as a machine fitter from 7th April 1931 to 7th April 1934 in the firm of the master craftsman Otto Mohns in Düsseldorf. On 9th May 1935, he had his journeyman's examination. He passed with the grade of "genügend" (= "sufficient"/"satisfactory") in both the theoretical and practical test in front of the guild's examination board.

So now the group is here, here is photos. Sorry if many.. Wanted to include each page of wehrpass. Not sure how to sort them so they might be mixed