Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

The Kids Helmet Shelf

Article about: Several months ago, I put a couple shelves up in my office so we could get my kid's helmets out of the box in the closet. Posted a few photos back then but since that time the shelf has gott

Default The Kids Helmet Shelf

Several months ago, I put a couple shelves up in my office so we could get my kid's helmets out of the box in the closet. Posted a few photos back then but since that time the shelf has gotten quite cluttered, helmets stacking up on one another etc. So, yesterday, I did a little helmet purge, put the cardboard box back in the closet and pulled a bunch off the shelf to make it look a little more respectable. Still none of those high end helmets, many of you collect but, not a bad group of lids for a high school kid working a part time job and subsidized by his father!

Top Row, Left to Right - WWII period Italian M33; Portuguese Fluted M1916; Canadian MKII; Dutch KNIL; Italian M15/16 Elmetto; Czech M53; British MKII - Dutch CD Conversion; Iraqi M80; Swiss 1918 First Type Closed Loop.

Hanging - M1917 Doughboy, ½ hole punched and red stripe indicates rejected for combat, likely used as a training helmet.

Bottom Row, Left to Right - M1917 Doughboy; WWII M-1 Front Seam McCord; WWII M-1 Front Seam McCord USN Colors; VN era M-1 w/Jungle side Mitchell cover; another VN era M-1 w/Woodland side Mitchell cover; PASGT K-Pot; DH-132A Combat Vehicle Crewman (CVC) Helmet.

The Kids Helmet Shelf

The Kids Helmet Shelf

The Kids Helmet Shelf

I need to put a few more shelves up, before Christmas, as rumor has it Santa is bringing him a couple new lids and I need to get the rest back out of the box. Also need to get his collection of service caps out of the closet and up on a shelf as well.

Russ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kids Helmet Shelf
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Kids Helmet Shelf

Looking good Russ. Stuff needs to be displayed to be fully enjoyed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Brilliant

cheers,
    pat

Looks really good and I wonder how long before you have to put up more shelves?

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks guys and I agree Ade, you need to see it to appreciate it. Sady most of his collection is stuffed away in boxes, but he does get to display a few times a year so he really likes that.

Yea Jerry, already need a few more shelves....have close to a dozen helmets not display, a dozen gas masks and maybe a dozen caps and service covers that should be put out to see. Maybe that will be a holiday project for me and the kid.

Very well displayed Russ.
    Looking good.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

very nice display russ looks brilliant love the dh132a looks amazing
    thanks for sharing

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    very nice display russ looks brilliant love the dh132a looks amazing
    thanks for sharing

tom
    I took my kid to the local vintage car show and swap meet, to look @ VW buses and came home with the CVC and 4 rusty artillery rounds!